Sign in to follow this  
GruffaloGriff

One For The Kids

that looks a good knife you must be proud of him griff, If he keeps on making stuff he could end up a master craftman. Its good to see youngsters taking a interest in doing thing than being indoors playing with games consols.

• Like 3

that looks a good knife you must be proud of him griff, If he keeps on making stuff he could end up a master craftman. Its good to see youngsters taking a interest in doing thing than being indoors playing with games consols.

Yes he is has a good range of skills beyond his years. He has lived in the shed with me since he could walk and i have always made sure the kids had there own space/ bench etc and supervision if they wanted to tackle a project. It has finally payed off and he is managing projects on his own now without me looking over his shoulder every step of the way. This knife is 100% his own with no input from me.

• Like 4

I am absolutely disgusted that a child can have so much skill and I can barely whittle a stick into a net peg ... Good on him shame on me ......

• Like 1

My lad is doing a higher in design & manufacture at school. He designed this table on Inventor then made a scale mode mostly in the workshop at home. It is solid oak with mahogany edging. He steamed the edging to get the sharp bends, glued and wrapped in inner tube to hold it tight while the glue set.

Photobucket not working, :( will get pics up later.

• Like 1

I am absolutely disgusted that a child can have so much skill and I can barely whittle a stick into a net peg ... Good on him shame on me ......

Iv mastered net pegs and kindling if you want a lesson lol but anything else is beyond me, this thread is one of best on forums I think

• Like 1

Did you get pics sorted yet gruff

Photobucket Still playing up but got this one the rest are sideways it won't let me rotate them but you will get the gist.

P1040470_zpsqididtxr.jpg

052afc74-f8b8-4e0c-a0bd-8cbe11d34731_zps

P1040465_zpsxqequ0wq.jpg

P1040473_zpsw4uanrb8.jpg

P1040472_zpsy3livni7.jpg

• Like 2

You just keep rubbing it in ... I truly am useless ......

That's a cracking table gruff. The young lad is handy fair play.

• Like 1

You just keep rubbing it in ... I truly am useless ......

Everyone has their strengths, me and my boy like making stuff and kind of have the knack. Plenty of stuff i am useless at too! Just enjoy what you are good at and have a go at what you aren't good at and you may get better if not enjoy trying.

I'm good at killing things ... But people look at me strange when i tell them that's one of my strengths lol .......

• Like 2

I'm good at killing things ... But people look at me strange when i tell them that's one of my strengths lol .......

There you go someone has to do the dirty work. My daughter got some funny looks when her Monday morning news for check in at primary school was "I cut up a sheep with my dad at the weekend" :laugh: Good for them to know where their meet comes from!

• Like 1

My lad is doing a higher in design & manufacture at school. He designed this table on Inventor then made a scale mode mostly in the workshop at home. It is solid oak with mahogany edging. He steamed the edging to get the sharp bends, glued and wrapped in inner tube to hold it tight while the

glue set

Somehow think he will get the higher in design & manufacture with out to much problem , best they give it to him now ...talented beyond belief ..

• Like 1