• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made this the end of last summer. As with my other posts common the theme is recycled materials. Boards are off -cuts of roof sarking, came in a load of firewood. Rope is off the beach. Total cost is

Youtube !!!!!!!! My boy has been watching some guy cut big bits of wood into small bits and gluing them back together again. Anyway after rummaging in my scrap wood pile he has made these two chopping

Knew my lad was working at something and keeping it out of sight so i played along and gave him his own space. He presented me with this knife las-night as an anniversary present. Landy spring blade a

Posted Images

Thanks lads, proud of him myself, pleased the kids have taken an interest in "hacking" things together with whatever is to hand.

Can't find his works in progress pictures so heres one of what's left of the blank he started with to give an idea of how it's done. Glued up contrasting strips of wood then cut out rings with the band-saw (table set at 45 degrees) the rings stack one on top of other with very little waste.

P1030391_zpshzrxheef.jpg

Couple more pics in my hand to give idea of completed size.

P1030390_zpsox92p8gh.jpg

P1030389_zps5mapx0e0.jpg

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

Daughter has been doing a bit of flower pressing but complained the bought press she has is too small and only does a few flowers at a time. A rummage in the threaded rod department of the shed and a tad of welding later we came up with this solution. Takes A4 card and paper.

P1030393_zpsmamreaas.jpg

Three weeks later..............

P1030508_zpsr3boqmw0.jpg

No shortage of pressed flowers now for her cards & crafts!

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Really enjoyed looking through this thread your very talented . The boy is doing brilliant them chopping boards and bowls are top class . Think he'll be a very rich man one day with talents like that . Keep the post threads coming always good to read ,

• Like 1

Thanks again lads.

Made these with the boys a couple of years back, thought they may be of interest. They did most of the work with close supervision and a bit of help from dad. :thumbs: Designs came from a book "Tremendous Toy Trucks" They pestered me for a while to help them make one. I fobbed them off with if you go and draw out the plans i will give you a hand, thinking that would be the last of that. Two days later came back to me with all the templates scaled up and hand drawn :huh:

P1030624_zps94tii3ha.jpg

P1030632_zpslmh52psd.jpg

P1030633_zpsjan4jage.jpg

• Like 9