Guest Navek

You are one very lucky man to wake up in that scenery....the feeling of a nice open space fresh air freedom and family,what more could a man ask for...plus fact you can build anything lol

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made this the end of last summer. As with my other posts common the theme is recycled materials. Boards are off -cuts of roof sarking, came in a load of firewood. Rope is off the beach. Total cost is

Youtube !!!!!!!! My boy has been watching some guy cut big bits of wood into small bits and gluing them back together again. Anyway after rummaging in my scrap wood pile he has made these two chopping

Knew my lad was working at something and keeping it out of sight so i played along and gave him his own space. He presented me with this knife las-night as an anniversary present. Landy spring blade a

Posted Images

You are one very lucky man to wake up in that scenery....the feeling of a nice open space fresh air freedom and family,what more could a man ask for...plus fact you can build anything lol

Yes if you can survive 9 months of Scottish off shore winter it isn't a bad place to live! :thumbs:

Here's one my 15 year old is working on - pedal power drift trike. It is the first real project he is completely on his own with, i am usually called on for doing tricky bits of shaping, welding etc or hovering nearby for technique or safety advice but he has progressed to the stage now he can use the tools safely on his own so am purposely keeping a distance to see how he gets on.

Raw materials are an old BMX and box steel from a bed frame along with assorted recycled bits & pieces from my hoard.

DSCN7077_zpssqfzippx.jpg

The back end has become the front end but flipped upside down so it pedals in the right direction.

DSCN7117_zpsakhcb7dx.jpg

Rear end steering via two levers and transfer rods, bushes salvaged from an exercise machine. Back pivot is the headset/ cut off forks from the front end of the bike.

DSCN7119_zpsfxjjyxpw.jpg

Edited by GruffaloGriff
  • Like 5

Thanks for the comments guys, makes it worthwhile posting it up, knowing others enjoying it.

If you like it- leave a comment and a like same goes for all the other craft threads on here, has gone a bit quiet recently but i suppose it is a busy time of year for outdoor activities ,gardens etc.

It's nice to see kids interested in making stuff and not stuck in front of the TV or computer games keep us updated how he gets on atb

Couldn't agree more, always tried to give them the opportunity to build stuff and help me if they wanted, took twice as long than if i had done it myself but it has payed off in the end as they have learned to use tools and starting to do projects on their own. Even my daughter is handy with a router!

Latest progress, nearly complete, just needs a chain and a brake cable fitted and a paint job.

DSCN7146_zpsgo6djka7.jpg

DSCN7147_zpsuobr3iih.jpg

DSCN7155_zpsgi5eechv.jpg

• Like 1

sorry, im not the greatest at diy, but have you thought at all about some extra support for the back of the seat? I have a feeling it may not last long!! Great project though, look forward to seeing it finished.

May not be as heavy as you. Looks good to me.

• Like 2

sorry, im not the greatest at diy, but have you thought at all about some extra support for the back of the seat? I have a feeling it may not last long!! Great project though, look forward to seeing it finished.

Possibly but i have stayed out of this one, his own design and all his own work. Should be ok though as it is a plastic chair with the legs cut off, they are pretty indestructible, don't ever remember one breaking in the school dining hall and they got a lot of abuse there! If he brakes it, it will be a good learning curve, and he can design some reinforcement.

• Like 2