Sheep Killers.. Shoot Them Or School Them

Farmers prob get a grant for bullets.they get ever thing else gave to them.even get paid not to grow crops some years

THE BACK BONE OF YOUR COUNTRY (NUGGET).

Thanks 3 misses I'll never knew that.I run on over 6 farms.work for farmers too.I give back to them more than I take.I bought my own ground as well. Don't keep feather or sheep killers.I was just round one farm talking to farmer who mentioned grant for this grant for that.I joked you prob get a grant for shotgun cart's he laughed and said I get the vat back.we run were and when we like.cushty.

• Like 2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe its owners responsibilty to break dog to livestock while its a pup before it kills another mans livelihood

If I had a dog which was previously stock broken, and for what ever reason it broke conditioning and started killing stock (any stock) I would bury it. There is no other responsible course of action

I also agree with you Dunkanon,but the dog I heard about was an outstanding animal on every quarry and his encounter with mutton was known and his sins overlooked with the strict practice of never run

For me one of the first thing I ask lads when I take them out is are there hounds broken to livestock but accidents can happen ....years ago I was out with a member on here for the first time on his ground and we were heading out on the hill to check some holes it was -18 so I had a few jackets on and looked like a spaceman with spades and terrier in toe ....Tigger was young at the time was off the slip and hadnt been out for 6 weeks due to injury so he was a frisky due to lack of work ....to cut a long story short a group of hinds got up in the distance and he winded them and set off across the heather a hill yew got up in front of him and he leathered it ....I imagine it was commical watching me sprinting across the hill with all the clothes on and terrier attatched to a chain around my waist I went tits over ass a few times in pursuit of Tigger and the yew he had hold off ...I would of betted my house that that dog was 100% with sheep and spent the next week with him amongst them and he has never took an inteerest in them since....we were on the hill with the hounds yesterday and were placed in position with the lurchers and guns and a mate of mines young bitch who I have witnessed running quarry through sheep on many occasions took a bit of interest in a yew to much amusement to me and all the keepers watching my fat mate running after his bitch but once again this bitch will be re educated this week .

• Like 4

A farmer can legally shoot your dog if it is seen inflicting damage upon stock, and reasonable means have been taken to stop it. I.e shouting at it, calling it off etc.

A guy I know ends up having to shoot a dog a week in the summer. He farms on the Romney Marshes and it's riddled with dog walkers in the summer months. Don't think he's ever had to shoot a hunting dog.

Usually he turns up when the dog is pulling down sheep, asks owners to call it off (who can't), so informs them he has to shoot it. After he informs the police and no dramas occur.

A farmer can legally shoot your dog if it is seen inflicting damage upon stock, and reasonable means have been taken to stop it. I.e shouting at it, calling it off etc.

A guy I know ends up having to shoot a dog a week in the summer. He farms on the Romney Marshes and it's riddled with dog walkers in the summer months. Don't think he's ever had to shoot a hunting dog.

Usually he turns up when the dog is pulling down sheep, asks owners to call it off (who can't), so informs them he has to shoot it. After he informs the police and no dramas occur.

Romney march is s Mecca for poaching.everyone runs their.my mates farms loads of the marsh right up through ruckingr .hamstreet and beyond

we were lamping foxes one night about 20 years ago we used to take an old man out with us who knew the lay of the land i had bought a lurcher about a month before hand and it was our first night lamping with him and we seen a fox away out on the beam he wasn't coming to the call so we decided to walk out to him we were walking up on this fox when the old man asked what is he like with sheep? i replied he hasn't missed one yet . i can still see him yet on his hands and knees luaughing might i add we never got that fox :laugh:

:laugh::thumbs:

Another good friend of mine who had a bull cross that had been brought up with horses as his daughter and wife rode ....clamped onto the masters horse one day while hunting (it was the lad in questions first day at this hunt ) ...I never witnessed it as I was away but the master had to unmount and watch the dog course the horse for a few kilometres across the hill .

Once again the lad thought the dog was 100% but with livestock dogs can be given another change but when its horses then you have humans involved and as he said you could have a child riding a horse and it happened again so the dog was rightfully pts.

• Like 2

Another good friend of mine who had a bull cross that had been brought up with horses as his daughter and wife rode ....clamped onto the masters horse one day while hunting (it was the lad in questions first day at this hunt ) ...I never witnessed it as I was away but the master had to unmount and watch the dog course the horse for a few kilometres across the hill .

Once again the lad thought the dog was 100% but with livestock dogs can be given another change but when its horses then you have humans involved and as he said you could have a child riding a horse and it happened again so the dog was rightfully pts.

PTS...........Ive done it, bought a adult dog came stock broke...and he was for quite some time never batted an eye at them until one day out on permission checking hillside, plenty sheep and lambs about..for some reason on way down from hill he lost the plot attacked a yew then turned on lamb and picked it up and ran off with it.....he eventually came back to me and laid on floor and rested his head on his outstretched paws looking up at me with the saddest eyes like he knew he had well and truly fcked up.... as much as I deliberated in my mind over the right course of action I knew that I would never trust that dog when he was out of my line of site again...I would always worry about what he was doing and if he had that lapse once he could have it again....next week...next month...next year.... not ultimately the dogs fault, but he paid the ultimate price, and as much as I was sick, I knew it was the right thing to do.

• Like 2

There is a farmer near me who will shoot ya dog at ya feet no fecking he found some travelers on his land looking for their dog he told em stay there I'll find it and came back with their dead lurcher and chucked it in the back of their truck and told em to feck off this farmer has NO live stock he's arable 2 weeks later his barn gets burnt to the floor still aint stopped him shooting dogs mostly coursing dogs

very shortly hes probably going to shoot the wrong mans dog :thumbs:

As I live in a heavly stocked area of sheep and the dogs hunt out of sight around sheep Iv got to have them 100% !! My 3 older dogs have seen other dogs kill sheep and stood and watched and Iv extremly confident in their stock training !! But as a pup my blue bitch was introduced to sheep from a young age but after she start to put some gear away she had one pop at sheep at 15 months old was corrected and never again has she backed a eye lid even at a great distance Iv seen her hunt through sheep flying out of cover and not even turned a head that's how I like mine !! My pup now was interested in sheep but I could see she didn't want to chase and hunt them just wanted to see what they were soo I took her into a pen with ewes she walked over licked their face and a sniff and not looked again stock breaking is a must for any working dogs also I got chicken in the yard my dogs are around all day

• Like 5