Sheep Killers.. Shoot Them Or School Them

Thanks for clearing that up cheers

So if a dog has pulled a sheep down, the farmer can shoot it?

What is the law on a farmer shooting a dog chasing his cattle on his land?

same as it is for any livestock ...
yes

it doesn't even have to have pulled it. just running out of control amongst them

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe its owners responsibilty to break dog to livestock while its a pup before it kills another mans livelihood

If I had a dog which was previously stock broken, and for what ever reason it broke conditioning and started killing stock (any stock) I would bury it. There is no other responsible course of action

I also agree with you Dunkanon,but the dog I heard about was an outstanding animal on every quarry and his encounter with mutton was known and his sins overlooked with the strict practice of never run

A dog deemed to be WORRYING any livestock is reason enough to sllow a farmer to shoot it, be it chickens, sheep, goats, cattle, horses, doesn't matter. Worrying needn't neccessarily be chasing either! On the other hand i do feel for farmers who loose sheep to dogs. 99% of the time its non working pet dogs let run loose around the place and go on the prowl at night. Another case i know of it turned out to be his own sheep dog was a rogue and started killing at night after working them perfect during the day!!

I was reading three cases of dog attacks on sheep in the farmers journal this week. Three cases in co meath. They destroyed a hell of alot of sheep.... Think they managed to shoot one, a lab x alasation the farmer reconed it was.

Sheep are funny fuckers, After a fright like a dog attack the whole flock could abort and a good amount of them if not all will not go in lamb the following year by all accounts.

All very true. The worse sheep worrying we have had was a pair of leggy jack russels during the foot and mouth over a four week period. There pet owner was simply letting them out at night as the foot path she liked to walk was closed. I can't remember exactly but they accounted for just over twenty sheep before they where stopped.

Farmers prob get a grant for bullets.they get ever thing else gave to them.even get paid not to grow crops some years

And unless they grant us permission we'd all be f**ked wouldn't we.... Most of them gain nothing by letting lads in to hunt and have everything to loose if you have an accident..... Lets not forget the main thing needed to work any dog....farmers and Land!!!

• Like 2

Farmers prob get a grant for bullets.they get ever thing else gave to them.even get paid not to grow crops some years

And unless they grant us permission we'd all be f**ked wouldn't we.... Most of them gain nothing by letting lads in to hunt and have everything to loose if you have an accident..... Lets not forget the main thing needed to work any dog....farmers and Land!!!

Totally true and that is why it is irresponsible to keep a stock worrier,even passing them on is stupid, a good dog man would not want his name tarnished by passing on a problem to some one else.

All dogs should be 100% stock steady.

• Like 3

I KNOW A CHAP WHO HAS TAKEN OUT LURCHERS FROM A SNIPERS POSITION ON A AREA WHICH ATRACTED A LOT OF HARE COURSERS

THE LAND HE SHOT THEM ON BELONGS TOO HIM, IVE NEVER SEEN HIM DO IT PERSONELY BUT NO OF A LAD WHOS LURCHER WAS DROPPED FROM RANGE ON THIS CHAPS LAND AND IT WASNT EVEN NEAR SHEEP.

think he deserved a good kicking from a distance sounds a right PRICK
HE STAYS CLOSER TOO YOU THAN ME NOWADAYS NL.

I KNOW A CHAP WHO HAS TAKEN OUT LURCHERS FROM A SNIPERS POSITION ON A AREA WHICH ATRACTED A LOT OF HARE COURSERS

THE LAND HE SHOT THEM ON BELONGS TOO HIM, IVE NEVER SEEN HIM DO IT PERSONELY BUT NO OF A LAD WHOS LURCHER WAS DROPPED FROM RANGE ON THIS CHAPS LAND AND IT WASNT EVEN NEAR SHEEP.

think he deserved a good kicking from a distance sounds a right PRICK
HE STAYS CLOSER TOO YOU THAN ME NOWADAYS NL.
OH HE KNOWS HES A PRICK NORTHNLITE HES JUST A GREEDY CXNT WANTS ALL THE GAME FOR HIMSELF!

THATS A CLUE?

HES NEVER SHOWD FACE OR BOTHERED MY DOGS WHEN IVE CROSSED HIS GROUND, ONCE HE TRIED IT ON BUT I WAS WALKIN HIS PARKS WHEN HIS FATHER WAS ALIVE N HIS FATHER WAS A STAND UP GUY.

HE WAS DUELLY TOLD TOO SUCK XX XXCK AND LAUGHED AT.

WENTT AWAY IN A CREAM PUFF.LOL

Totally true and that is why it is irresponsible to keep a stock worrier,even passing them on is stupid, a good dog man would not want his name tarnished by passing on a problem to some one else.

All dogs should be 100% stock steady.

true..place we hunt is finished now some halfwits dog attacked a donkey on it.ould donkey cut to bits on wire give every body a bad name.

• Like 1

we were lamping foxes one night about 20 years ago we used to take an old man out with us who knew the lay of the land i had bought a lurcher about a month before hand and it was our first night lamping with him and we seen a fox away out on the beam he wasn't coming to the call so we decided to walk out to him we were walking up on this fox when the old man asked what is he like with sheep? i replied he hasn't missed one yet . i can still see him yet on his hands and knees luaughing might i add we never got that fox :laugh:

• Like 4