Good Day In The Hills.

had a good day bolting on the hill, 14 i think we got. its definetly turning into spring, wont be long left till we stop i think. but no cherries in the rabbs so who knows. there was a pretty warm sun, but wouldnt of wanted it any hotter for the dogs really. had a good few bolts and good runs, but the ferrets were playing up towards the end of the day and pissing me off.

D7AC027A-8F63-4C58-B290-8EDEBB6ABFA2_zps

FD527E0C-9DF4-4F1F-8B83-8D69803FB19B_zps

af13a71d-7766-4e88-8fd9-7dc4db844014_zps

C4B2CD8D-BCB1-4325-A44F-8DB9F8F3BFCC_zps

9EA971ED-0CF1-40A8-8C15-52500BE26E1D_zps

• Like 6

Nice one Joel ,,,can't beat being up them hills,,bolting to the dogs,,it's a real privilege

:yes:That's a fact,..and it is a privilege that won't be forgotten....

Super pictures from Joel.. :toast:

These few images are from our recent trip 'oop North'..

DSC_3429.jpg

Fenn nails a bolter.

DSC_3777.jpg

DSC_3787.jpg

DSC_3633.jpg

Top man,..top ferret...

DSC_3579.jpg

The Big Man himself..

DSC_3551.jpg

We came off the hill with a few rabbits,..all hard earned,...and then headed for the nearest chippy and onto the Pub....Once again, my thanks to TOMO and VIN for showing a soft Southerner and his wee Collie cur,..their take on the rabbit catching game...

Much appreciated fellahs,..and as stated,..your kindness and generosity will not be forgotten :thumbs:

All the best, Phil..

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it"

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

Nice one Joel ,,,can't beat being up them hills,,bolting to the dogs,,it's a real privilege

:yes:That's a fact,..and it is a privilege that won't be forgotten.... :thumbs:

DSC_3833.jpg

Returned home to an answer machine, choc-full of work enquiries, (moles and rabbits) and I have been playing catch-up all weekend....

I have, (for various reasons),.neglected to educate my own 'home bred' young lurcher,.choosing instead to use her mother for most jobs.

This is a shame,.it is inexcusable,...and it was stupid,...but its a fact...

So,..a quick trip away and a bit of one to one schooling was needed ...

Here are a few random images..

DSC_3429.jpg

DSC_3636.jpg

DSC_3668.jpg

DSC_3593.jpg

DSC_3777.jpg

DSC_3787.jpg

Marking true... :yes:

DSC_3868.jpg

Just got to ground....

DSC_3940.jpg

Minus his tail...!

DSC_3944.jpg

DSC_3645.jpg

DSC_3447.jpg

DSC_3496.jpg

DSC_3462.jpg

DSC_3488.jpg

DSC_3633.jpg

Top man,..top ferret...

DSC_3579.jpg

DSC_3749.jpg

The Big Man himself..

DSC_3551.jpg

Bolting at last...

DSC_3733.jpg

We came off the hill with a few rabbits,..all hard earned,...and then headed for the nearest chippy and onto the Pub....Once again, my thanks to TOMO and VIN for showing a soft Southerner and his wee Collie cur,..their take on the rabbit catching game...

Much appreciated,..and as stated,..your kindness and generosity will not be forgotten.. worthy.gif

All the best, Phil..

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it"

We had a fair few rats beside rabbits . . big buggers,some of them from around the Bird Feeders.

That young dog of yours took a right tumble before we even started ferreting...But she never missed a beat all day...very hardy little dog. she had some seriously nasty gashes. . . but it didn't stop her or slow her down.. what a great little dog..Just my type of rabbit catcher

:yes:That's a fact,..and it is a privilege that won't be forgotten.... :thumbs:

DSC_3833.jpg

Returned home to an answer machine, choc-full of work enquiries, (moles and rabbits) and I have been playing catch-up all weekend....

I have, (for various reasons),.neglected to educate my own 'home bred' young lurcher,.choosing instead to use her mother for most jobs.

This is a shame,.it is inexcusable,...and it was stupid,...but its a fact...

So,..a quick trip away and a bit of one to one schooling was needed ...

Here are a few random images..

DSC_3429.jpg

DSC_3636.jpg

DSC_3668.jpg

DSC_3593.jpg

DSC_3777.jpg

DSC_3787.jpg

Marking true... :yes:

DSC_3868.jpg

Just got to ground....

DSC_3940.jpg

Minus his tail...!

DSC_3944.jpg

DSC_3645.jpg

DSC_3447.jpg

DSC_3496.jpg

DSC_3462.jpg

DSC_3488.jpg

DSC_3633.jpg

Top man,..top ferret...

DSC_3579.jpg

DSC_3749.jpg

The Big Man himself..

DSC_3551.jpg

Bolting at last...

DSC_3733.jpg

Much appreciated,..and as stated,..your kindness and generosity will not be forgotten.. worthy.gif

All the best, Phil..

We had a fair few rats beside rabbits . . big buggers,some of them from around the Bird Feeders.

That young dog of yours took a right tumble before we even started ferreting...But she never missed a beat all day...very hardy little dog. she had some seriously nasty gashes. . . but it didn't stop her or slow her down.. what a great little dog..Just my type of rabbit catcher

great pics post , was thinking that me self, that lurcher got few work wounds , but good little dog stuck at its job . :thumbs: