Adding Saluki Or Breeding It Back Out

I used Mikey over my bitch last April pups now 7 months old real happy with them all I can say is Mikey was in top notch condition as were all the mans dogs the man who had him at stud was real mice fella give me real good luck penny as I had a round trip of 340 miles fair play to the man atvb

as i said lads the only man who said he was in bad nick was this brookie fella as i said i never seen the pics he was on about so i couldnt comment as for the man who has him me and charlie are the best of mates and i wouldnt say a bad thing about the man sound fella

shadow even that pic the dog is in bad nick pal just look at his eyes man look at his coat look at his wrists and feet look at how hes hocks are .that pal is from being kept on a chain and never exercised .any one who knows a dog cannot say different some one pm me a email address and il email pics of that dog in proper condition and being worked they look entirely different

look brookie i think you and me got off on the wrong foot pal youve obviously got a prob with garfield and thats between ye lads but you dont have to run everybody down who owned the dog. we bought that dog for good money with the best of intensions and to spite what people are saying ill clear this up in one min bud. mike is probably as good as bred saluki as you can get at the minute no doubt.but when we got that dog i put him on good diet road worked him and ran him for six full months i gave that dog a good chance to make it at hares as any dog got imo.he didnt make it and the man who has him now knows all this. now im not making excuses for anyone but when he knew he wasnt up to speed for a hare he probably thought just feed him well and get a few quid off him like most men do i suppose.what other people do with dogs we cant help but at the end of the day for a dog thats lazeing around doing feck all he not too bad

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bitch i was gifted below, has only a small bit of saluki, rest is irish terrier and greyhound, very happy with her, she is doing well for me, only had her a month and she has taken plenty... However

Irelands land is no different than half the land over in England forget The Fens and Cambridge and salisbury, you are hard pushed to find anything other than hedged and fenced land ,in the North west

takes a lot to get a good un for sure, but surely just using stuff cos of lines is a waste of time,? time n time again that's failed better to forget one that works and is well bred surely, think pers

Posted Images

I used Mikey over my bitch last April pups now 7 months old real happy with them all I can say is Mikey was in top notch condition as were all the mans dogs the man who had him at stud was real mice fella give me real good luck penny as I had a round trip of 340 miles fair play to the man atvb

as i said lads the only man who said he was in bad nick was this brookie fella as i said i never seen the pics he was on about so i couldnt comment as for the man who has him me and charlie are the best of mates and i wouldnt say a bad thing about the man sound fella

shadow even that pic the dog is in bad nick pal just look at his eyes man look at his coat look at his wrists and feet look at how hes hocks are .that pal is from being kept on a chain and never exercised .any one who knows a dog cannot say different some one pm me a email address and il email pics of that dog in proper condition and being worked they look entirely different

look brookie i think you and me got off on the wrong foot pal youve obviously got a prob with garfield and thats between ye lads but you dont have to run everybody down who owned the dog. we bought that dog for good money with the best of intensions and to spite what people are saying ill clear this up in one min bud. mike is probably as good as bred saluki as you can get at the minute no doubt.but when we got that dog i put him on good diet road worked him and ran him for six full months i gave that dog a good chance to make it at hares as any dog got imo.he didnt make it and the man who has him now knows all this. now im not making excuses for anyone but when he knew he wasnt up to speed for a hare he probably thought just feed him well and get a few quid off him like most men do i suppose.what other people do with dogs we cant help but at the end of the day for a dog thats lazeing around doing feck all he not too bad

Spot on Shadow. When he came to cw from you, he was in great fit nick and still is, but he was more fit when he first came from you. :thumbs:

Ill see if i can get a good recent pic of him in the next day or 2.. :thumbs:

To me, if you are trying to breed sommat back out, you really should question why you are breeding from it in the first place and not starting with just what you want. Diluting sommat down is one thing but you may as well forget about breeding it out as it really cant be done. ;)

That just about hits the nail on the head.

Need them tight over here fast up and et em type for land near me I am very happy with max for this land,I made a wee clip hopefully all good next season I took my time with him this year spent a small fortune to get him right,but he in great form now.hope to have better luck next seaon still young dog

good vid but music is shite lol

Reading this topic with interest just one comment regarding The photo of Mike above the one lining the bitch I wont comment on his physical condition that has already been done What I will say look on the photo of him above the lining of the bitch. his nails are like eagle f***ing talons, they need clipping back is it any wonder dogs drop on their wrists and hocks with overgrown nails.Running or retired a dogs nails need attention once a month like a horse a dog with bad feet is going no where atb.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Reading this topic with interest just one comment regarding The photo of Mike above the one lining the bitch I wont comment on his physical condition that has already been done What I will say look on the photo of him above the lining of the bitch. his nails are like eagle f***ing talons, they need clipping back is it any wonder dogs drop on their wrists and hocks with overgrown nails.Running or retired a dogs nails need attention once a month like a horse a dog with bad feet is going no where atb.

I agree. At the time i took the photo, i mentioned that to him, he said he would get it sorted. I will be going down their soon and will see if i can get a better pic.. :thumbs:

I actually tryed to buy mike off him before, but he wont sell and if he did, the price is sky high!! If i had him, he would be out hunting, but bit late now. :thumbs:

Most field dogs around me can run ireland And sure many many others could also. In days gone by i ran alot of places in ireland north and south before the nipper was born and found it no different to places like carlise,york and places like that. Almost carbon copy of type of land ireland has. We all like to think we have the best hares but apart from fens/planes most field dogs all over weather ireland or england if there any good should put a good run in against the hare. Reason alot are bred for trait and type. Weather field or fen as there different requirements. Most coursing dogs if brought up in the location learn to run the ground. For me i like saluki in my dogs but only in coursing bred types non this 3/4 1/4. Who knows the percentages just stuff just bred for type and running style. Give it steady schooling from pups on the ground its gonna run and when times right hope luck is on your side.

• Like 1

I think you get better results breeding saluki back out

Really them why put your full Saulki on to an Irish terrier Saulki bitch and a whippet and a whippet x grey if you think this??

because if it isn't put in how feck are you going breed it back out... :sorry: