Did a fair bit of digging in the 80\s friend of mine had son of smithy,s big dog about 16" was a proper dog. Lots of patterdales bred off him made the grade. Dog was called toddy, bred to bitch ca lled nancy, a.cocker had dogs from him, and lots of his pups were in ireland, loads of stuff out of toddy were on the ground then.

• Like 6

ac did not have dogs of toddy.He had a pup back of nancy for a mating to a dog of his.what you finnished up with.

• Like 1

A.c. Had a dog off me, i can assure you he had dogs off toddy. Ask him if he had dogs off b.woodcock who was a top terrier man who i did most of my digging with.

• Like 2

P.s. A.c. Ruined the dog he got off me because he didnt listen to what i told him. Dog was too hard on foxes, but outstanding on bigger things, wont go into details but he thought he new better, wish i never sold that dog to him!

10 hours ago, black stuff said:

ac did not have dogs of toddy.He had a pup back of nancy for a mating to a dog of his.what you finnished up with.

10 hours ago, black stuff said:

Did you get the post card mssg I sent you 

I’m back home Thursday 

can you give me ring 

cheers

Feel i should put it right about what i wrote about dog i sold to a.c. Many moons ago. Information i recieved about what happened on that day was incorrect as it was only hearsay but was led to believe it at the time, however was not what happened therefore must apologise to a.c. Having been told the correct account. 

• Like 4

Don't get 2 many people on here apologising that's for sure

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the colonel said:

Feel i should put it right about what i wrote about dog i sold to a.c. Many moons ago. Information i recieved about what happened on that day was incorrect as it was only hearsay but was led to believe it at the time, however was not what happened therefore must apologise to a.c. Having been told the correct account. 

Appolige acepted colonal at least you got the balls to admit it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 01/07/2019 at 22:21, the colonel said:

A.c. Had a dog off me, i can assure you he had dogs off toddy. Ask him if he had dogs off b.woodcock who was a top terrier man who i did most of my digging with.

Any the b.woodcock stuff still being bred or is it well diluted by now

there are still some about , but like you said well diluted, some moreso than others. Lad on here still has some of that blood dogs still working them now.

Have ya anything down of it yourself colonel be interesting ta hear more about these dogs.

.ino mate, not worked terriers for years now. Too old and unfit now! Bruce died good few years back, also he stopped the terriiers job good while before that. He was into coursing for a good time and won the calendar cup coursing comp. Was very good dog man his coursing dogs were top notch, no surprise really, knowing him. R.i.p. Bruce.

11 minutes ago, the colonel said:

.ino mate, not worked terriers for years now. Too old and unfit now! Bruce died good few years back, also he stopped the terriiers job good while before that. He was into coursing for a good time and won the calendar cup coursing comp. Was very good dog man his coursing dogs were top notch, no surprise really, knowing him. R.i.p. Bruce.

Sounds if he was a real character and top class dogman i think theres a thread here somewhere where his name was mentioned. Ya never to old to get out even if its only an odd day get out and observe and just tell all them younger lads where there going wrong lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Few pics of my mate Bruce along with me, Irish Frank and John Bell.  Had some great times with the terriers and lurches  with Bruce through the years, was an honour to of helped carry his coffin at his funeral

255312F2-DF50-4B92-9730-DA7BCAE48140.jpeg

2B6A9257-ED16-4809-9DC2-E6CF89C87AE4.jpeg

7EF5CE2F-28E3-49E8-9909-39DD876D4230.jpeg

38A41F76-AF03-4226-84EC-5842E7B7D599.jpeg

Edited by Graham56
Word correction
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Cracking looking old fashioned Sealyham/Russell types in the black n white pic. Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1