• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, the colonel said:

Feel i should put it right about what i wrote about dog i sold to a.c. Many moons ago. Information i recieved about what happened on that day was incorrect as it was only hearsay but was led to believe it at the time, however was not what happened therefore must apologise to a.c. Having been told the correct account. 

Appolige acepted colonal at least you got the balls to admit it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
On 01/07/2019 at 22:21, the colonel said:

A.c. Had a dog off me, i can assure you he had dogs off toddy. Ask him if he had dogs off b.woodcock who was a top terrier man who i did most of my digging with.

Any the b.woodcock stuff still being bred or is it well diluted by now

.ino mate, not worked terriers for years now. Too old and unfit now! Bruce died good few years back, also he stopped the terriiers job good while before that. He was into coursing for a good time and won the calendar cup coursing comp. Was very good dog man his coursing dogs were top notch, no surprise really, knowing him. R.i.p. Bruce.

11 minutes ago, the colonel said:

.ino mate, not worked terriers for years now. Too old and unfit now! Bruce died good few years back, also he stopped the terriiers job good while before that. He was into coursing for a good time and won the calendar cup coursing comp. Was very good dog man his coursing dogs were top notch, no surprise really, knowing him. R.i.p. Bruce.

Sounds if he was a real character and top class dogman i think theres a thread here somewhere where his name was mentioned. Ya never to old to get out even if its only an odd day get out and observe and just tell all them younger lads where there going wrong lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Few pics of my mate Bruce along with me, Irish Frank and John Bell.  Had some great times with the terriers and lurches  with Bruce through the years, was an honour to of helped carry his coffin at his funeral

255312F2-DF50-4B92-9730-DA7BCAE48140.jpeg

2B6A9257-ED16-4809-9DC2-E6CF89C87AE4.jpeg

7EF5CE2F-28E3-49E8-9909-39DD876D4230.jpeg

38A41F76-AF03-4226-84EC-5842E7B7D599.jpeg

Edited by Graham56
Word correction
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mixedgrill said:

Unless you have that picture in colour mag u could never say that was a red terrier an other white I’d say 

There's 3 terriers there and i'd say the one at the back left is red also..