would david harcombes lines be the closest to smithy..was big ron off tim and vickey as well

Stan x Tess

where was tess from and how was she bred?

Just the newbie again so if a line is kept for 30+ years how.many times would new.blood be needed to stop deformations happening in pups because I can't amagine such a line is only bred from every 10 years there for wouldn't such a line be far removed from said famous God dog that it was Bearley related I'm probably wrong just trying to fathom out how it's done

Just the newbie again so if a line is kept for 30+ years how.many times would new.blood be needed to stop deformations happening in pups because I can't amagine such a line is only bred from every 10 years there for wouldn't such a line be far removed from said famous God dog that it was Bearley related I'm probably wrong just trying to fathom out how it's done

You only outcross if there's a need to outcross and maybe there was never a need to outcross,when it works it's down to line breeding,when it goes wrong it's down to inter breeding :laugh:

• Like 1

read the thread lee breeding taking a line forwards started by fd he been going 30 years with a line and tells you whats workkin for him and how he did it think you will find a answer in ther mate ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a question from a newbie so all get in line to shoot me down why are so many people so hung up on a dog of unknown origin from way back when surly there are blokes out there that have had real good dogs also but not had opertunity or name to get the dog to the forefront of the terrier world

saw the name in the cw years ago, but was of no concerns, the was one's about who'. Had nothing to do with the reputation of one dog. More on the breeding really

would david harcombes lines be the closest to smithy..was big ron off tim and vickey as well

Stan x Tess

Powell. Breeding unknown I believe

Stan x Tess
Powell. Breeding unknown I believe

thanks for that.

read the thread lee breeding taking a line forwards started by fd he been going 30 years with a line and tells you whats workkin for him and how he did it think you will find a answer in ther mate ;-)

just read it Mr dropper is a very knowledgeable man I'd like to pick his brain

Great reading on here,doz anyone remember Gouldy dogs Barabbas and Simon and old blind nigga

story I heard was smithy came from kent way gouldy went to buy a bitch , the dog was in a coalhouse the lads that had fed him bait dogs ,  and cats gouldy had him gave him the name smithy the dog would tackle black n whites and do some damage to fox , I think cd and mr nuttal claimed to have bred him gouldy maintained the breeding unknown story which added to the mystic which someone said back in the thread it was a clever way of marketing a dog , I was talking to a lad a few week back who had a smithy bred pup direct of kg for the sum of £12-50 ..

• Like 1