On 24/01/2010 at 23:01, Guest NICOLA said:

HE BOUGHT SMITHY OFF A LAD FROM FARNBOROUGH HE TOOK IT TO A SHOW UP IN THE PENNINES AND BRIAN NUTTAL ASKED HIM HOW HE WAS BRED AND HE DIDNT NO WHO BRIAN WAS AT THE TIME KEN REPLIED IM TOLD THERE NUTTAL COWEN LINES AND NUTTAL TURNED ROUND TO HIM AND SAID THEY ARNT NUTTAL THERE TO BIG ETC AND THE KEN SAID HOW THE f**k DO U NO THEN HE SAID KOS IM BRIAN NUTTAL THEN WHEN SMITHY STARTED PRODUCING GOOD STUFF NUTTAL TRIED TO THEN CLAIM THE FAME TO SMITHY SAYING HE BRED SMITHY. I COULD GO ON FOR EVA WITH WHAT HE WAS TELLING ME HE WAS A GOOD CRACK :D

Screenshot_20190711-231108_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

I thought Dave H done a fair few interviews and then wrote probably the most accurate account of Smithy's breeding in an early EDRD... I know i've read it somewhere?

Time dims memory but i can recall reading that he was out of a B&T dog (can't remember reading Cowan though) and PP & CD had him before Gouldy.

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

I thought Dave H done a fair few interviews and then wrote probably the most accurate account of Smithy's breeding in an early EDRD... I know i've read it somewhere?

Time dims memory but i can recall reading that he was out of a B&T dog (can't remember reading Cowan though) and PP & CD had him before Gouldy.

Was most of the lies told by Gould himself? Here's more headache

Screenshot_20190712-113954_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, Rat face said:

Ken’s till alive surly someone could just ask him. Dose any know anyone that dug to dog regular? And if so was the dog worth all the hype, not been funny just a genuine question 

You could ask him, but he won't be able to give you a real answer i feel. Maybe he wasnt too worried about the breeding until the dog became infamous, and then there were claims from all over the place. Maybe some shouted louder than others, and the truth was lost within the lies. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Rat face said:

Ken’s till alive surly someone could just ask him. Dose any know anyone that dug to dog regular? And if so was the dog worth all the hype, not been funny just a genuine question 

You'd be the first person in the history of terriers to get an accurate pedigree off Ken.........ask him again tomorrow you'll get a different one 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4