• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Surely it would’ve been more of a big deal that he was put over his full sister? I’ve never heard anyone mention anything about a sister of Smithy.

all part of the magic and legends???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, ROM1 said:

So true, then again depends what Rags your talking about as Ken had more than 1 Rags

DR and Middleton had a ‘Rags’ too, and they all seemed to mix and breed terriers back then, so its a lottery really.

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ROM1 said:

So true, then again depends what Rags your talking about as Ken had more than 1 Rags

I've done a bit of Asking about over the years including Ken also was given photos of a sister from same litter of Smithy x Rags they knew the lad who had the bitch mine where bred down from ... not that if makes alot of  odds with all the different theories on there blood and its 40 years ago 

Edited by Glyn.....

seems like everyone who digs around asking about peds,gets given a different story?.....

more than 1 of these super dogs over the yrs,from most.lines came from the local dog pound or acquired from a nobody.......so no cnut really knows?3/4 different men claiming to of bred this dog?that dog?not afraid to sell to who ever had pound notes in their hands?

all a big mystery don't think miss f***ing marple could find out the truth?

1 hour ago, ROM1 said:

Ah yes, never thought of that. ?

Begs the question. Why did these top dog men, name several dogs by the same name? Yea I know they bred a lot of dogs over the years, but surely they weren't stuck for names.  Was it simply that they knew the breeding behind their dogs, and weren't  to concerned about the confusion that could be brought about by doing so?

Would those that were in it for the buck, intentionally do so, to cash in on the name of a top dog from their yard?

• Like 2

The confusion and ambiguity regarding  pedigrees and dog's names (always dependant on the breeders honesty of course)  was solved  years ago by the Kennel Club. That's why they have such amazing names. Gizagrand Brock and Upyourarse Brock can easily by identified and differentiated from each other  by their KC prefix. Gizagrand Brock I and Gizagrand Brock II likewise.  The only problem is their dogs are shite and we would not really be bothered about who or what bred what. Be careful what you wish for ?.

• Haha 1
On 09/07/2019 at 13:09, EDDIE B said:

Begs the question. Why did these top dog men, name several dogs by the same name? Yea I know they bred a lot of dogs over the years, but surely they weren't stuck for names.  Was it simply that they knew the breeding behind their dogs, and weren't  to concerned about the confusion that could be brought about by doing so?

Would those that were in it for the buck, intentionally do so, to cash in on the name of a top dog from their yard?

Stopped them f***ing up when they had to try and remember what lies they'd already  told

• Like 2
On 09/07/2019 at 13:09, EDDIE B said:

If the breeders were to tell proper names then you would be able to continue your own line with a few pups...cousins àn so on....this way the buyer thinks hes get nearly same thing all time...just a guess