Irish Fank Parsons and Tommy Meany would go through Russell’s like butter lol.  Bruce had a Russel Tommy that was some fkn dog.Heres a better pic of the Terrier.  John Bell had a red bitch Lizzy that we were digging with into old age.  She was a grand bitch. 

13914ACB-2A73-4A1C-8CB3-2EDB63ED6243.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

Only got the one of Toddy but I think it’s on the Internet anyway,  Bruce had a few pics knocking about.  But  when he moved from Cumberland Street in Warrington I think he misplaced a lot of them..  Toddy was a tall dog but easy to span he was a machine Nancy was a fkn machine also.  There is a firnd of mine who still has kept the line going.  I have a picture of a son from toddy and Nancy somewhere. 

AAEAEDB4-A220-4870-9DDC-CF1A22F9814A.jpeg

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Mixedgrill said:

You would yea don’t even know the way your own terriers r bred 

You still upset you guessed wrong at how one of my terriers is bred?,:cry: ,,,,,,,, unfuckinglucky :feck:

8 hours ago, Graham56 said:

Only got the one of Toddy but I think it’s on the Internet anyway,  Bruce had a few pics knocking about.  But  when he moved from Cumberland Street in Warrington I think he misplaced a lot of them..  Toddy was a tall dog but easy to span he was a machine Nancy was a fkn machine also.  There is a firnd of mine who still has kept the line going.  I have a picture of a son from toddy and Nancy somewhere. 

AAEAEDB4-A220-4870-9DDC-CF1A22F9814A.jpeg

they'd be half brother sister wouldn't they?

Just looking at the old black and white pictures, that was on the side of road in Cheshire.  You couldn’t do that nowadays lol

I remember when Bruce got a driving ( he got a few of them? ) me and him would get dropped off before dawn in a Cheshire location where we could do a few sets first thing and do a few on the way home.  We had a folding spade which was made for us and a bag full of Fox nets and our terriers, we would make our way back to warrington on foot, trying sets on the way home..  Bruce always knew where there was something and it was rare we got a blank.  No one bothered us back then, I wish it had stayed that way..  We had some great times even when we were without a motor ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, spindolero said:

they'd be half brother sister wouldn't they?

Both Toddy and Nancy were from Smithy, to a stacy bitch.   I’m not 100% sure what happened to Nancy I think she might of got stolen back in the 80s.  Toddy died of old age while out walking Bruce said he fell in the river mersey and never came up if my memory serves me right.  Bruce only bred dogs for and to those he knew and for himself.  

Edited by Graham56
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, Rat face said:

Bet they was great times to live in, seems a world away from how it is now 

Oh yeah, amazing times.  We had permission all over and most of the farmers and land owners welcomed us.  We didn’t have to hide or anything like that at most places lol.    However we saw the rapid advance of the anti movement grow.  I could shed light on how I believe that came about regarding digging but I am not sure if it’s allowed on the forum.  But after the event I know about it had a massive impact on many terrier lads and the law.  Quite a few of us Bruce included got out and went to running dogs, again Bruce excelled with lurchers.  

15 minutes ago, Rat face said:

Now it seems to be more of a fashion thing now to be a anti none of them really care one bit about animal welfare 

Yes mate they are subhuman f**k pigs what have bin brainwashed be that pussy hole packham 

Feck um I say feck um all

• Like 2

I bet  you could tell a few stories graham of digging around Cheshire back in the day, I had a few dodgy days there myself being dropped off at dawn/sunset for the odd dig, antis waiting for us sometimes haha madness, good memories tho.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, sid g said:

was this pic taken at a question and answers night ken did or an indoor show

I ain’t seen Ken for years, used to go to all his terrier shows and have a ball Pig cooking on the spit, beer tent.  I was only young at the when I first started going and I got got in some states ?? but made some good friends and had a great time.  Bruce knew basically most people so it was easy to get to know folk.   Ken used call me loud mouth frog because of a joke I cracked about the loud mouth frog in the beer tent it stuck with me through the years ??