• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

Just the newbie again so if a line is kept for 30+ years how.many times would new.blood be needed to stop deformations happening in pups because I can't amagine such a line is only bred from every 10 years there for wouldn't such a line be far removed from said famous God dog that it was Bearley related I'm probably wrong just trying to fathom out how it's done

Just the newbie again so if a line is kept for 30+ years how.many times would new.blood be needed to stop deformations happening in pups because I can't amagine such a line is only bred from every 10 years there for wouldn't such a line be far removed from said famous God dog that it was Bearley related I'm probably wrong just trying to fathom out how it's done

You only outcross if there's a need to outcross and maybe there was never a need to outcross,when it works it's down to line breeding,when it goes wrong it's down to inter breeding :laugh:

• Like 1

Just a question from a newbie so all get in line to shoot me down why are so many people so hung up on a dog of unknown origin from way back when surly there are blokes out there that have had real good dogs also but not had opertunity or name to get the dog to the forefront of the terrier world

saw the name in the cw years ago, but was of no concerns, the was one's about who'. Had nothing to do with the reputation of one dog. More on the breeding really

read the thread lee breeding taking a line forwards started by fd he been going 30 years with a line and tells you whats workkin for him and how he did it think you will find a answer in ther mate ;-)

just read it Mr dropper is a very knowledgeable man I'd like to pick his brain
  • 4 years later...
6 hours ago, sid g said:

Image result for ken goulds smithy

Not knocking the dog but for a terrier that is supposed to have done so much he has a right pretty head on him.not a hair out of place and I don't give a f**k what anyone says a dog that's working close with its quarry does take injuries especially with bigger quarry.a lot of things that are written about these dogs are only hear say second hand information as the old saying goes paper won't refuse ink

• Like 2