• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

would david harcombes lines be the closest to smithy..was big ron off tim and vickey as well

Stan x Tess

would david harcombes lines be the closest to smithy..was big ron off tim and vickey as well

I thought dh didn't really have A line of dogs
He hasn't and never did.

Just a question from a newbie so all get in line to shoot me down why are so many people so hung up on a dog of unknown origin from way back when surly there are blokes out there that have had real good dogs also but not had opertunity or name to get the dog to the forefront of the terrier world

• Like 2

Just a question from a newbie so all get in line to shoot me down why are so many people so hung up on a dog of unknown origin from way back when surly there are blokes out there that have had real good dogs also but not had opertunity or name to get the dog to the forefront of the terrier world

I would say its because Smithy's blood is in a high percentage of todays black terriers.

I agree FatMan and IMO a compliment should be payed to the few lads that still have kennels heavily based on Smithy.

No matter how Smithy was bred or what he done in his career those lads who've kept things right and tight after 30 + years have something to be proud of.

That's if their terriers are workers and their breeders are truthful.

In a funny way it's a compliment to Smithy that he's still being debated nowadays, often by lads who weren't even born when he was around.

• Like 2

I agree FatMan and IMO a compliment should be payed to the few lads that still have kennels heavily based on Smithy.

No matter how Smithy was bred or what he done in his career those lads who've kept things right and tight after 30 + years have something to be proud of.

That's if their terriers are workers and their breeders are truthful.

In a funny way it's a compliment to Smithy that he's still being debated nowadays, often by lads who weren't even born when he was around.

who ever has a smithy line please let me know ? your right Neil , it was just a dog after all :)

Just the newbie again so if a line is kept for 30+ years how.many times would new.blood be needed to stop deformations happening in pups because I can't amagine such a line is only bred from every 10 years there for wouldn't such a line be far removed from said famous God dog that it was Bearley related I'm probably wrong just trying to fathom out how it's done