• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

don't believe all you read it was (SMITHY) and the ansawer is yes to your question spindolero . I dug up and down the country with ken that was normaliy on invite to see his dogs work and the comments where only good .no bleepers in them days all you had to dig to was bumps and grunts some times 2/3 hr or longer to get a mark .the good thing was only 1 hole to dig thanks john

• Like 3

Those dogs must of taken some hammering with no locators

Does a locator cover them with body armour?

No but at least the terrier if its a hard type can be dug to a lot sooner than pre-locater saving it unnessesary punishment.I know what its like to be crawling about hands and knees listening for the faintest thump or sound,droping bar holes and ear to ground listening,the locater has saved many the dogs life.

• Like 4

snizle68 just a quick one but how do you knowe the depth of the dig before the dog is entered to say deep or shallow john

snizle68 just a quick one but how do you knowe the depth of the dig before the dog is entered to say deep or shallow john

youd have a good idea looking at it but woudnt know if it's always like that, unless it's a very small size and depth. Tripod, I'd say the task was no push over and you probably couldn't pick ,choose ,many Burrows ??