• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

smithy was no different than some dogs of now or back then and is line is no greater than other lines did he win alot of shows and did people buy alot of pups by him is thats why people on here try to big him up why was he so special tell me just a honesest questions

for me it be a bayer mixer evry time if the dog was purley for digging mate

Bayer-mixer type will take asmuch if not more stick than a lot of harder dogs.The hard dog will take a certain amount before geting to grips with its fox but then the game is over whereas your mixer type will be sparring the whole time and takes a lot of stick especially in a tight spot.jmo.

• Like 5

diffrent veiws of what a bayer mixer is mate... mine is a dog whaT bayes close and hard then takes a hold when the oppertunity is ther my idear of a hard dog is one what is relentless dosent give a inch and will only try to hold no baying involved ,,,, i do agree if a hard dog gets his hold quick he is going to get less stick than the dog whats been sparing untill it gets a hold but if the hard dog cant get a hold frew bad position on a corner or somthing he will keep trying regardless of the stick hes taking the mixer will switch it up and start baying

Edited by Zilverhaze

Smithy blood runs deep in a hell of a lot of lines of terriers , and i don't know many lines of working blacks or choc that don't carry a hell of a lot of this dogs blood , the problem is very few people keep records or are given / or want the breeding of there pups, i should think many who disregard the influence of Smithy do so because they don't know there terriers carry lines back to the dog,

• Like 2