This site is about conversation but we cannot freely talk because we walk a tightrope ie the laws, lads who deserve acknowledgement for there efforts in the modern day ,regarding maintaining and working terriers cannot afford exposure , as our enemy would cause them bother . There are lads working and breeding and will continue to do so as long as there is an animal causing nuisance and In need of control . So this is why I feel we continually talk of the past . I hate it , but it's safe to do so. Sad. But just look at the photos and pups etc on this site and it shows were still here and doing boss :) enjoy your dogs and your days out . I think Gary Middleton was the best .

• Like 1

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

I'm sick of hearing about these secret terrier men that no one knows, who the f**k are these super men ?

Everyone in this game knows everyone else, be they up and coming or top of the tree. There's no mythical creature that hides in the shadows sneaking about digging holes we could only dream of with dogs we'll never be fortunate enough to own.

Of course I'll be wrong and not in a place high enough on any ladder to know said creatures but I can live in hope.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 8

The only reason anyone knows anyone these days is through this ,the good old interweb .Years back i neither knew nor cared who was who .Sometimes think i was better off before but then no one would have the benefit of the extensive knowledge available on here lol.You can never know them all mate ,some just do their own thing without the web and keep breeding tight .It is a shame we have to keep harping on about the past ,dogs long buried and diluted beyond recognition in some cases but its also due to the web that lads are able to source the right stock i believe .Been a lot written about studs ,broods of years past but its the here and now that matters as said previous .Work a dog to find out its metal before remenising about the parents or things will go tits up .

• Like 4

Them dogs and names all well gone , good that the other dogs and men Who kept any strain going well! It's hardy out

Maybe so but there legecy lives on.
I'm no terrier font of knowledge but surely the blood is so diluted there is only a thimble of it in any dog now
  • Like 1

but you need generations of good workers and producers to get to where we are now. you say blood is diluted but you take away all the good dogs of the 1970s and 80s and todays dogs would be a lot worse off.

Its not the Smithys fault he was bigged up, he could only do what was put in front of him, which I'm guessing he did,

• Like 3

ive been around long enough to see & watch lots of top class terriers , but when i looked into smitty or even rags eyes ,them 2 was pure evil i have never seen emotionless creatures than them pair , one thing in their minds was killing i will never forget the day them ,, before ken got them i heard all about them ,i was told rags would kill any other dog to get to the fox (only a fool would work 2 such dogs ) once killing a fox then killing another behind it , i often wonder why all the smitty talk when the bitch was probably better (smaller ) :hmm:the talk will go on longer than most of us will be around ;)

• Like 2

ive been around long enough to see & watch lots of top class terriers , but when i looked into smitty or even rags eyes ,them 2 was pure evil i have never seen emotionless creatures than them pair , one thing in their minds was killing i will never forget the day them ,, before ken got them i heard all about them ,i was told rags would kill any other dog to get to the fox (only a fool would work 2 such dogs ) once killing a fox then killing another behind it , i often wonder why all the smitty talk when the bitch was probably better (smaller ) :hmm:the talk will go on longer than most of us will be around ;)

I was offered a white lakeland type last year that had just killed 2 kennel mates didn't take.it as to me a dog like that is a liability
  • Like 1

bunny tickler was Rags breeding a mystery too?

more than likely spin i heard about the bitch before ken got her , i think ken went to buy rags & came back with them both its 40years ago memorys a bit faded lol but i remember going to kens they was both in the first kennel on the right hand side , i could tell a story when he brought them up cheshire for a scratch ha ha bloody all hell broke loose i bet custer wasnt surrounded like we was,but we lived for another day :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2

more than likely spin i heard about the bitch before ken got her , i think ken went to buy rags & came back with them both its 40years ago memorys a bit faded lol but i remember going to kens they was both in the first kennel on the right hand side , i could tell a story when he brought them up cheshire for a scratch ha ha bloody all hell broke loose i bet custer wasnt surrounded like we was,but we lived for another day :laugh::thumbs:

Bnny did he say where dog came from area was out with fella lat weekend who seen the dog work before he went to gulds he said he was just a kid around Romford dagenham said he was a proper tool amed the man that owned him feel realy old now whe I realized how long ago lol