Bull In Every Thing Now

Horses for courses, it's whatever people need to do the job if your taking the odd bite back then a bit of bull has to make all the difference. If just on the soft and fast stuff personally I wouldn't have any bull. If it's ferreting or mainly rabbits again if look for a smaller type of dog. If your out 3/5 times a week on bigger bite back stuff and everything down the chain and around holes a bit of bull goes a long long way. Ive often been asked by family friends, walkers etc what kind of dog she is, I. Reply it's always just a lurcher. Breeding 3/4 grey 1/4 bull Airedale but she's a lurcher that does the job I want. As I said at the start horses for courses.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats why i had to travel 3 hours to find what i wanted, personally i would not have one given.

Mid 80's most halfx's being bred were like peas in a pod. Most dog's averaged out at around 24 or 25 inch mark (with a few exceptions being taller) and a hell of a lot of bitches lucky to reach 22 or

If there is plenty of bull in the breeding you should get plenty of wind. The pitbull type is capable of incredible fitness and the Greyhound is capable of a massive explosion of energy and speed. If

Posted Images

i would not buy a dog with out bull in it aswell,we dont really have idiots round my way showing off with bullxs,so no ones non the wiser.if i got given a collie x that was doing all i asked then id be happy,any breed can turn out shit.the worst dog ive had was a collie,bull,grey,also a violent b*****d towards people.was it the collie in it or the bull?good is good and shit will be shit regardless.one thing i find wierd is people have this a bullx is only for fox and will crunch rabbits.well mine .tracks by scent,ferrets,lamps,bushes,comes on pheasant days,marks,take squatters retrieves,and will tackle all vermin,and run clever not reckless.....i like them

• Like 3

i see the 3/4 reverse bull types,and scratch my head,why the hell would ye want one,beyond me.If ye need a pulling dog why not get a wheaten and help re establish the breed,or something of similar ilk,and you cant say they are conspicious in the field cause most of the 3/4 bred bulls look like racey pits to me.Ive had 2 over the years and wont be having another,they are of limited use to me,some i must admit with just a smidgen of bull look class and no doubt are gutsy animals.

Got to agree if you need more than 1/2 then the bull in them is obviously s##t so just cull it and try again.
  • Like 1

i see the 3/4 reverse bull types,and scratch my head,why the hell would ye want one,beyond me.If ye need a pulling dog why not get a wheaten and help re establish the breed,or something of similar ilk,and you cant say they are conspicious in the field cause most of the 3/4 bred bulls look like racey pits to me.Ive had 2 over the years and wont be having another,they are of limited use to me,some i must admit with just a smidgen of bull look class and no doubt are gutsy animals.

Got to agree if you need more than 1/2 then the bull in them is obviously s##t so just cull it and try again.

thats the prob with chavs breed to big dogs,turning circle of a cruise ship,no stamina for lamping due to wieght.no need in the uk.3/4 breed about right,unless your a terrier man an need a heavy one.

This will probably wind a few up ; but most of what i see around here with bulls, is a liability on one end of the lead and a idiot on the other, i am not saying they are all like that and i have seen some decent ones graft, but i seen beddy x greyhound do the same job,

If you've seen a Beddy X do the same graft as a Bull X then your graft is different to mine...

• Like 1

i seen last week a racy bitch half cross bred down from some stuff he said was farmer boy stuff from ireland ? but i wouldnt know them from adam but she did everything asked and on edible also a very good bitch also good in back of the van quiet and well behaved maybe put over a decent day runner you would have some decent pups that may dismiss the fact anything with bull in it is a dog aggressive lunatic and the rest of the shite thats spoke about them

Edited by blackmaggie

This will probably wind a few up ; but most of what i see around here with bulls, is a liability on one end of the lead and a idiot on the other, i am not saying they are all like that and i have seen some decent ones graft, but i seen beddy x greyhound do the same job,

If you've seen a Beddy X do the same graft as a Bull X then your graft is different to mine...

my beddy x could graft did the same as my palls bull x and that was a handy one

• Like 1

gaffer behave yourself

• Like 2

gaffer behave yourself

:laugh:

I knew of a good fox killing saluki x grey, that bitch leathered foxes but I also knew of a fox killing sal/bull/grey........the difference in what one did to a fox compared to the other was stark.

Just the power in the body was evident, The bitch would put foxes away neatly enough but the dog with the bull would break them into bits in under 2 minutes, literally into 2 or 3 pieces.

That, is why folk have bull in a dog.

It's no better or worse than any other type of cross but if it comes right then it most certainly has a purpose.

JMHO

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4

I'm a nailed on collie cross man. But I took on a bull x a couple of years ago, just to see what all the fuss was about. All abilities of the dog when it connected with its quarry were in excess off what I had seen any collie x do when it got down and dirty. Yet for me, the scenting ability has been excellent, and by far the easiest dog I've ever had to live around. And in 2 years of running game in shitty places, not 1 limiting injury.

Would I have another heavily bull based lurcher? not yet as ! is more than enough. Yet when the time comes to look for a replacement for my racier collie x, I would not discount an element of bull breeding.

• Like 2

gaffer behave yourself

:laugh:
gaffer,serious question,and no offence meant,why put it to a bull cross then ,if I had a dog doing all that a bull cross could do but was quick as you say he was

why the need to add bull blood?

• Like 1