Sparticus X Scratch

47 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

I like having the breeding of my dogs or peds when I first got them I got a 3 gen ped which I crossed referenced to make sure  they were true , any way that was a long time ago and I've written every thing down since , very handed when looking for a drop of fresh blood , only the other week Dillydog gave me more information on a dogs breeding I  used , I knew the background  of the dog but not the parents,  anyway  needless to say very good blood , if I'd not written it down 30 years ago the latest info may never of been found out , I don't think breeding for peds or money or what ever will make much odds soon if some have there own way the games up 

As I said glyn there are men like yourself who have the dogs at heart but not all unfortunately are the same, I also like to know how my dogs are bred and what's behind them. Then there is the  other side of the coin where names of dogs were plastered all over the and then pedigrees started appearing, made up pedigrees from names that were taken from here and from books and the  sad thing is gullible people actually believe them to be true. 

• Like 11

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Spartacus bred dog I had another great working dog

ABC if you put a picture up be prepared to be shot down in flames, in all honesty mate when you stuck it up I took one look and thought what a shit type ! I'm not looking for a fight, I'm not a k

Posted Images

5 hours ago, fat man said:

I personally think the only reason people want pedigrees is  for financial gain, nothing more nothing less. Some lads like to know the breeding behind their dogs but they are few and far between lately, in all the years I've been with terriers I have never witnessed it as bad.there was a time when dogs were gifted to like minded lads but now it's all about money. There was a friend of mine who used to come on here but got slated everytime he posted so he stopped. He had and has his own line of dogs about 30 years now and I have yet to see or hear of him asking money for a  pup or service, but he has gifted many pups and  given services for free. The amount of lies that is been told also about how certain dogs are bred is laughable, and its just another sales pitch,I heard last year  of a man flogging pups that were supposed to be out of a dog that at the time was 5 year dead and  no straws were  ever taken from him. I would hate to be a young lad getting into terriers and trying to source a well bred dog, there are still some good lads about but they keep themselves to themselves and  nobody can blame them. 

Like you say fatman it's a shame as he has always tried to do the best by lads sometimes bettering what they have already and always willing to give advice ect but his name some how gets a reaction and some jumped on it for profit  no wonder he no longer bothers shame as he's a sound lad 

• Like 4

I take my hat off to glyn every time he posts good looking workers smart lookin pups never brags no airs or graces about him just in it for the love of it and knows wats hes at has a good honest line fair play if everyone was the same they would be some great posts on here that everyone could relate to

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1