Hi Guys,

Got a 5 week old pup and just wondering what’s the best things I can be giving it to eat.

I currently have it on Red mills (Suitable for puppies) and give it scrambled egg sometimes.

The pup was skin and bone when I got it so I am trying to give it as much protein and fat as possible.

I have also given it crushed up baby rusks with hot milk which it loves and baby porridge. (You would never know i have young baby in the house ha-ha)

Is there anything else that I could be given the dog once so it’s not eating the same stuff all the time...

3 days on and the pup isn’t feeling as boney as before but i would like to give it an extra kick to get it a little more built.

Thanks Guys

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 weeks old shouldnt even be away from the mother yet , who ever you got it from must be a plank.

Absolutely NOT. There is very little protein in stuff like that. Pups need protein, lots of it, and preferably from a meat or fish source, not from cereals. They aren't like humans at all, and if you

The best treat you can give your pup is to get a good mate who is clued up on dogs and hang around with him untill all the hurdles in feeding rearing and training are over come ,nothing beats having a

Posted Images

Guy Int pub said meat, give the dog meat

Tinned Chappie ok? Ask guy int pub for me buddy please? ")

Guy int pub said if in doubt ask yourself if you'd eat it, if its good enough for him, its good enough for dogs

Johnny ive eaten all kinds of stuff buddy and Chappie would be like caviar to some of it haha

iyd say keep at what your doing along with the purpose made puppy food he/she will be fine, dont vary it like different food everyday of the week pup will probably get shits.

Just mix a bit of a variety in with the puppy food best thing to do, dont over do the mixers though or it will start leaving its puppy biscuits

iyd say keep at what your doing along with the purpose made puppy food he/she will be fine, dont vary it like different food everyday of the week pup will probably get shits.

Just mix a bit of a variety in with the puppy food best thing to do, dont over do the mixers though or it will start leaving its puppy biscuits

Ok mate, Thanks

• Like 1

Meat loads of the stuff, plan and simple!

ive fed my last dog this, but im sure meat in its entire does not contain all the nutritional requiremets for a pup?

i made the mistake of over feeding meat and he went off biscuits, so i fed him chicken everyday combined with a carbohydrate source then later found out the hardly need carbs.

• Like 1

For treats/rewards I have a chicken factory close by so by £20 worth of chicken breasts,grill or boil it and let it dry, then cut it up into bitesize chunks, its the only time the dog gets cooked food bar scraps, all her meals are raw meat and bone atb mate

• Like 1

So you would give the pup baby rusks instead of meat?

Absolutely NOT. There is very little protein in stuff like that. Pups need protein, lots of it, and preferably from a meat or fish source, not from cereals. They aren't like humans at all, and if you consider how fast a pup grow to reach adult size within a year you can see why protein, which is the building blocks of growth, is so necessary.

If you can't, won't or don't want to feed meat, then at least get a good quality meat based complete puppy food, one where meat is listed as the first ingredient on the side or back of the bag. These feeds are more expensive than the cheap crap that is mostly wheat or rice. Always look at the ingredients list of a dog food. If it costs under £30 for a 15 kilo bag it will not have much meat in it at all.

Any treats you give a dog should be of the same quality as its normal food, not cheap bread type biscuits or rusks. Baby rusks are for human babies that need something to chew on when they are teething. Bones do the same job for dogs. I've sent you a pm.

• Like 3