Airedale X Saluki Greyhound On Lurcherlink

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trouble with a dog like that wouldn't be hes balls,but lack of exercise,10 minutes on the lead around the park aint going to cut it. Try telling a pet owner they need to take dog to large forestry ec

If more people had their lurchers neutered the rescue centres wouldn't be as full as they are and there wouldn't be so many moderate to poor lurchers out there being bred that get passed from pillar t

dont know about castrating dogs but would castrate half the owners and breeders

If it's had four homes then surely there's a problem with the dog's behaviour and not the owners. That's an awful lot of bad luck for one dog otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with Nim's behavior, the owner has just lost his home and is very much gutted he has to give him up!

Nim is living london and has been doing fantastically well with his current owner.

(Sadly, Nimrod has to come back to us as his owner isn't able to look after him at the moment and although he'd love to have him back when he's sorted his life out, knows that it's probably going to be best to find Nim a new home.)

(He lived happily in his new home, until recently, when his owner sadly lost his home and can no-longer have Nimrod living with him in his temporary accommodation.)

I'm curious on what peoples thoughts are on this scenario, a dog that you've bred turns up again in a rescue, at what point does your obligation to the animal end? Would you see it as your responsibility to any degree or does that end when you sold it as a pup? As I say just curious and in no way passing judgement in this specific instance.

I would always try to take the dog back if possible. Sometimes people's circumstances change through no fault of their own, like this dog's original owner. Unfortunately our male lurchers had big problems with him, and he was very sassy in return. Thankfully Lurcherlink were able to take him and find him a new home: their network is big, and they also have enough people to home check potential adopters of dogs.

I have taken dogs back I've bred in the past, and found new homes for them. If any dog that I'd bred was brought back to me no matter what age, I'd try and take it in and rehome it providing it was suitable for rehoming. When someone brings you back a badly damaged dog because they are too cowardly to do the right thing themselves ...well, that sucks.

Mind you, it's worse when the pup you sold to what you thought were good people ends up being sold on at only 5 months old because 'it was too big'. :censored::censored::censored: No matter how carefully you vet potential buyers there will always be someone who pulls the wool over your eyes. One of the reasons I am very loathe to ever breed again. It seems to get harder and harder to find decent permanent homes for lurchers in this day and a flooded market.

• Like 1

If it's had four homes then surely there's a problem with the dog's behaviour and not the owners. That's an awful lot of bad luck for one dog otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with Nim's behavior, the owner has just lost his home and is very much gutted he has to give him up!

Nim is living london and has been doing fantastically well with his current owner.

(Sadly, Nimrod has to come back to us as his owner isn't able to look after him at the moment and although he'd love to have him back when he's sorted his life out, knows that it's probably going to be best to find Nim a new home.)

(He lived happily in his new home, until recently, when his owner sadly lost his home and can no-longer have Nimrod living with him in his temporary accommodation.)

I am happy to withdraw my remark regarding my suspicions about the dog's behaviour. I stand corrected. :thumbs:

I would always try to take the dog back if possible. Sometimes people's circumstances change through no fault of their own, like this dog's original owner. Unfortunately our male lurchers had big problems with him, and he was very sassy in return. Thankfully Lurcherlink were able to take him and find him a new home: their network is big, and they also have enough people to home check potential adopters of dogs.

I have taken dogs back I've bred in the past, and found new homes for them. If any dog that I'd bred was brought back to me no matter what age, I'd try and take it in and rehome it providing it was suitable for rehoming. When someone brings you back a badly damaged dog because they are too cowardly to do the right thing themselves ...well, that sucks.

Mind you, it's worse when the pup you sold to what you thought were good people ends up being sold on at only 5 months old because 'it was too big'. :censored::censored::censored: No matter how carefully you vet potential buyers there will always be someone who pulls the wool over your eyes. One of the reasons I am very loathe to ever breed again. It seems to get harder and harder to find decent permanent homes for lurchers in this day and a flooded market.

penny you are right about homing pups but how can anybody be held responsible for all the pups they bred ? Myself I'd step in if it was getting treated badly but ya have to draw the line at the amount ya can keep and if it took it then doing the right thing is what's needed. So it's not your fault the dog has had a run of bad luck. Be nice if he finds a new home but if nit he'd be better of pts before he is plagued with mental problems Edited by Lenmcharristar

I really don't see what they achieve by castrating dogs and neutering bitches I think they tend to get all hormonal and wana eat everything in sight, that testosterone is what fuels the dogs drive to get his quarry, not eating a packet of biscuits watching TV

Less scatterbred dogs.