Airedale X Saluki Greyhound On Lurcherlink

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trouble with a dog like that wouldn't be hes balls,but lack of exercise,10 minutes on the lead around the park aint going to cut it. Try telling a pet owner they need to take dog to large forestry ec

If more people had their lurchers neutered the rescue centres wouldn't be as full as they are and there wouldn't be so many moderate to poor lurchers out there being bred that get passed from pillar t

dont know about castrating dogs but would castrate half the owners and breeders

did any of you lads ever see any of them airedale crosses at the big ears think there the tallest of the terriers guy told me one time he had a greyhound first x back to a saluki that was a miller thats why i ask i aint actually ever seen one going myself

He looks gorgeous and Lurcherlink do a fantasic job rehoming a lot of Lurchers that otherwise wouldn't stand a chance and part of running a rescue all dogs have to be neutered better to lose your balls than to be PTS.

Edited by janine
  • Like 1

He looks gorgeous and Lurcherlink do a fantasic job rehoming a lot of Lurchers that otherwise wouldn't stand a chance and part of running a rescue all dogs have to be neutered better to lose your balls than to be PTS.

don't know about that now

• Like 2

don't know about that now

It's easier for a woman to say it :D

• Like 3

I am gutted to see Nim up for rehoming again. When his original owner lost his job and home all in one go he was trying to live in his car with his dogs. Lurcherlink took him in. I took him back, but he couldn't stay with me as there were too many problems between our own male lurchers and Nim and Lurcherlink were able to find him a home. He was a very sassy, assertive dog indeed.

I don't agree with castrating any more than anyone else who works their dogs, but pet homes don't usually know how to cope with entire males. Castration doesn't diminish their character or intelligence, but it does reduce the male side of a dog's nature to make the animal more manageable. Whilst some dogs are easy to deal with if they are entire, many are not; testosterone fuels aggression as well as interest in the opposite sex.

Interesting to see the anthropomorphic comments from some people on here. It is a mistake to imbue an animal with human feelings just because it happens to be the same sex as you. I would have thought that working dog men might have been a bit more pragmatic about this sort of thing, or does ignorance spread across all walks of life?

• Like 3