Would You Breed From It

Is is too hard to teach it to jump, took me 3 weeks to get an adult lurcher jumping 5 bar gates

. My older dog was 6 before I got him jumping,most ground I go on no jumpings needed...don,t get me wrong he can get over a five bar gate but when he does all I,m thinking is vet bills...he,s shit".......some dogs are more natural than others......got another that jumps like a roo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just teach the pups to jump

Can't be that game if it won't go over or under after its quarry ... The bitch I have here would go through a brick wall after her quarry .......

The gamest and most resolute of mutts will never reach their potential if they lack a little stewardship and basic lurcher training,the ability to navigate obstacles and jump is as basic as training g

I can see the point of both side of the argument,

Some dogs just don't jump,usually because of being lifted over gates etc and not learned to jump.

But drive can have something to do with it if it jumps any other time.But in my opinion being a driven chaser that will jump in pursuit and being game is two different things imho ,you can running dog that's driven and will jump to keep with his prey yet won't look at Fox for instance is this dog game or driven?

I'm in a dilemma about using a lurcher dog over my bitch thing is this dog is a machine he is capable of finishing off anything but the dog on a run will stop at gates,fences if you get my drift, the mates I hunt with say give it a wide birth but I would breed from it cause of its game Ness, What do you think lads

any pics

Look up greyhounds breeding there as been champions bred from handicap dogs that says everything to me not saying breeding crap to crap as I like one out of proven stuff all iam saying is if you believe in this dog an want a pup out of it then breed it only way you'll find out for yourself all the best in your decision

in my case fear because he would be screaming pacing up and down the fence he would try and squeeze through the smallest gap it was frustrating to watch but started him back jumping small fences and got his confidence back up