Mole Trapping Experience

Peter, as has already been suggested, you need a thick skin on here.

You should also be aware that Mr Nicholls stirs up lots of ill feeling amongst those of us scraping a living out of traps. He's done nothing but try and restrict us, and has even gone running off to certain animal rights groups when it suits him. :yes:

I've got lots of books on molecatching, and whilst I can claim to be self taught, I'd not insult your intelligence by suggesting that I've never learned anything from books.

My favourite book is by Arthur Randal (hard to come by), but I'd also say that the Guy N Smith book was interesting (again, if you can get hold of a copy).

Whatever you do, don't waste money on anything with the name of JN on it. I have, and regret lining his pockets now.

There's nothing better than going out and getting your hands dirty; a book will only teach you theory :yes:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I said, if it you consider it 'great' then that is fine for you. I don't. To me it is regurgitation of the same old diatribe that almost every trapping book has been for the past 100 years. Based o

Don't hold your breath JD!   Peter Fullerton - I do have opinions, and if you spend time reading the same old drivel on here year after year then you would have too. None, and I think I am safe in s

There is still lots people never discuss about moles and trapping.....either they don't know or they don't want to talk about it......

All I needed was the theory and links to suppliers, the book gave me the encouragement not to give up. It was a valuable tool in getting me started and I have no regrets buying it.

I'M busy working sheep land at present (still snow behind the dykes) and doing very well, like you say your learn the skill yourself with time.

Peter, as has already been suggested, you need a thick skin on here.

You should also be aware that Mr Nicholls stirs up lots of ill feeling amongst those of us scraping a living out of traps. He's done nothing but try and restrict us, and has even gone running off to certain animal rights groups when it suits him. :yes:

I've got lots of books on molecatching, and whilst I can claim to be self taught, I'd not insult your intelligence by suggesting that I've never learned anything from books.

My favourite book is by Arthur Randal (hard to come by), but I'd also say that the Guy N Smith book was interesting (again, if you can get hold of a copy).

Whatever you do, don't waste money on anything with the name of JN on it. I have, and regret lining his pockets now.

There's nothing better than going out and getting your hands dirty; a book will only teach you theory :yes:

-------------------------------------------------------------

What does he do to stir up trouble and why would it be beneficial for him to do so? I don't understand.

Mr Nicholls makes far more out of books, dvds, training courses and other rubbish than he has ever made out of catching a few garden moles :yes:

As such, he needs a 'profile', and the better the profile, the more he sells :yes:

If you take a look at some of the previous threads on here, and on the APMC forum, you will see that he's a duplicitous snake, that is more interested in promoting himself than molecatching.

Oh, and if you've read his stuff you will no doubt be using Proctor traps, and whilst they seem to have a small following, I don't rate the chinese rubbish :no:

Thought Proctor was a new design lol,iv'e never seen a decent trap in any garden centre or agricultural dealer stores.They are all cheap crap and your wasting your time with them.

That's why I stick with fourteen acre though I think I've bought of flatpack in the past also.