I cant pm you back gaffer, inbox full?? I used a drill with a 42mm auger bit to bore the hole about 10 mm deep, put in the badge then poured in clear casting resin, the pewter badge is set in a clear glass window and sanded to the original shape of the antler so you cant feel any difference if you rub your finger from over the clear part onto the antler, basically replacing any antler i took out with clear resin, then polished to make it transparent. Looks the job because its an actual pewter pin badge and not just a picture.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By David.evans
      Well' it's my first day with out crutches , and I'm doing a bit or wobbling about
      I'm looking for a nice walking stick to aid my old leg , dogs head would be nice , if any boby has one for sale ,
      Many thanks
      Dave
    • By Larryleftjab
      Hey guys feeling pretty proud of this little project,as it's something I've never really done.
      I was after a nice stick for walking the pooch,sourced some seasoned hazel of a friend some antler for the handle and hardwood for a spacer/reducer. I used linseed oil on the stick which I'm happy with.
      My question is what would be best to use on the antler crown? Some sort of resin? I've seem some that have a blacked out crown polished up like glass,what is that?
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Many thanks
      Pete.

• By BradGreen
      Hi i have just collected a few hazel shanks and i am waiting for them to season, and wondered if anyone had any tips/pointers for me to make good thumb/walking sticks? and what types of varnishes or treatment is should use for treating them? any help will be appreciated, thanks.
    • By oman
      Hi all just got a few more sticks that we have made just looking some feedback on what you think. Any feedback would be great. Tony

• By oman
      Hi all just uploaded some more pictures of sticks that we have made hope you like and any feedback would be great.