The Marmite Gun Hw57 Tune Up

Well bought myself a hw57 that popped up on here few weeks ago it arrived other day bit more rusty than expected!!
DSC_0138.jpg
DSC_0139.jpg

Some was pretty deep so getting that sorted was priority stripped it down internals wasn't too bad just full off gunk so got to work degreasing and cleaning
Decided to remove as much rust as poss and touch up with cold blue for now
The mainspring was typical post 2005 weihrauch trimmed and un seated so got dremul and blowtorch out and got re seated
Then added a delrin guide nice tight fit
Delrin pre load washers and machine polished the piston removing all burs
New piston washer
And lubed up properly then rebuilt
Testing through chrono was doing a pretty consistent 11.3 but too jumpy for my liking probably due to the light weight of gun so stripped again removing half a coil and re seating
While stripped i took the opportunity to sort the heavy trigger so stripped polished and re lubed all sears set bit of 1st stage light 2nd just how I like it
While test shooting I noticed the pop up breech to be extremely stiff so removed cleaned up and fit new o ring on bottom lubed and refit after rebuilding it and putting through chrono was doing a very stedy 10.6 just a dull thud and gentle nudge PERFECT!
Not one for getting power up to limit or even close as poss just needs to be smoothest power poss and that's were it is
The stock wasn't bad just dull shine so flatted down with a pad then buffed up and this how she looks now
DSC_6115.jpg
DSC_6114.jpg
DSC_6113.jpg
DSC_6087.jpg
Nice improvement from the rusty jumpy little bugger that arrived few days ago
Lovely smooth little light weight spring gun
After bit of reading up on these they a very marmite gun guessing mostly due to the pop up breech but smooth spring gun wise its spot on will follow up with some groups as was far too windy today
Didn't bore you all this time with endless pics just Start and finish hopefully groupings will reflect the work done will see
Oh a some better glass will be added
Thanks
Atb
Matt

• Like 7

Well managed half hour testing the new 57 today at 1st was bit all over but 30 shots in settled down nicely found a little hold sensitive but a nice grip on it managed a few nice groups

These are all 3 shot groups at 25 yd not bad for a rifle that's just been rebuilt after good clean so still settling in I expect it will get better oh and used aa field diablo

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

Last one looks like 2 shots it's that tight all easily covered by 5p coin happy with that

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Done a good job mate. I had a '57 for a while last summer, they're good guns but they've got a bad rep. Mainly due to rumours / hearsay passed on by people who've never owned one! Would I have another - yes, no problem.