Striking Dogs

These dogs can pressure a hare and with a good mouth can kill what some people would maybe call a good hare early

You can't say that, you'll have the plodding brigade say it was a poor hare! Lol :thumbs:

Plodding brigade...love it, ha ha ha

These dogs can pressure a hare and with a good mouth can kill what some people would maybe call a good hare early

You can't say that, you'll have the plodding brigade say it was a poor hare! Lol :thumbs:

Plodding brigade...love it, ha ha ha

Lol yeah you know how it goes. Nothing to do with the dog not being fast or agile enough with a great strike, 'it was a poor hare'! Lol,

As you said, I've never liked, wanted, owned and never will own a slow or plodding type dog :thumbs:

• Like 2

Not doubting your dogs capabilitys but them real good ones that you don't bump into all that often especially on big heavy well ran land don't die quick pal

i run enough hares to know what you mean but im starting not to give the dog credit and saying it was a shit hare example last week i ran 4 hares the 1st 1 was ran for about 1 min when he picked it up and dropped it it went on another 1min and escaped into cover 2nd about 30 secs dead third about 40 dead and the 4th about 2 min again dead so i said 2nd and 3rd were shit hares 4th a good 1 so does this mean the 1st was the best hare even though he dropped it early i think we have to just give the dog credit the fittest fastest smartest hare can still die early with a smart dog behind it :thumbs:

• Like 1

Not doubting your dogs capabilitys but them real good ones that you don't bump into all that often especially on big heavy well ran land don't die quick pal

i run enough hares to know what you mean but im starting not to give the dog credit and saying it was a shit hare example last week i ran 4 hares the 1st 1 was ran for about 1 min when he picked it up and dropped it it went on another 1min and escaped into cover 2nd about 30 secs dead third about 40 dead and the 4th about 2 min again dead so i said 2nd and 3rd were shit hares 4th a good 1 so does this mean the 1st was the best hare even though he dropped it early i think we have to just give the dog credit the fittest fastest smartest hare can still die early with a smart dog behind it :thumbs:

A lot of fast dogs aren't given enough credit, and a lot of slow dogs too much credit as far as I'm concerned :thumbs:

• Like 4

I love to see any dog run that can catch a good hare slipt with a proper start at proper time of year. my favorits are the ones quick enough to go in test it catch it but know when its mr [BANNED TEXT] and steady up slow things down and bide its time.and that's not plodding its brains. atb two crows.

• Like 1

I love to see any dog run that can catch a good hare slipt with a proper start at proper time of year. my favorits are the ones quick enough to go in test it catch it but know when its mr [bANNED TEXT] and steady up slow things down and bide its time.and that's not plodding its brains. atb two crows.

I agree with this too, but there are far more brainless plodders being bred, run, found wanting for speed and agility and still bred from , than there are good fast dogs that don't get enough credit and therefore not bred from as often as they deserve.

And likely as not my thoughts on the subject don't really matter, as they are not the same as the majority of out and out coursing people :thumbs:

the old saying a fast dog runing slow never dout your own if its doing the job.they can all run some not as fast as others shit one

the old saying a fast dog runing slow never dout your own if its doing the job.they can all run some not as fast as others shit one

fast dog running slow :laugh: that 1 of mine hasnt leart that trick yet

saw enough of plodders ,fast dogs , meduim dogs you need pace on general fields 50 to a hundred acres been proven time and time again and if bred right no how to use there gears , i was brought up in good running land were a hare would stretch a meduim paced dog , you need pace to get there then bend him then try and work the hare , then snap him up ,

i like going out at nite as well as day without pace wouldnt get half as much gear or exiting chases ,when you see some of these big furry dogs you wonder if they can catch a good strong winter hare ,or ones with big wide fronts its a hare we are after not a red stag ,

• Like 2