Rock Dogs

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a croc of shit lol .......

Some great reading men!! I dont think there would be many foxes about without the safe haven fortresses for rearing cubs.

He should of dropped a knife down maybe the terrier would of brought 5 tails back up with him lol.

Posted Images

In theory you can see why people don't like to use collars in rocky places, more chance of the dog getting snagged up, hanging etc the list goes on. I've seen it done and each to there own. I couldn't shoot anyone down that refuses to collar a dog up when entering rocky places. If you did ever lose a dog with no collar you would likely ask yourself over and over if only I'd put the collar on would things be different. But at the same time if you do a rescue dig on a dead dog snagged up by the collar or hung you'd say the same thing. Some places looks are deceiving there's places you d here look like nice easy dig earth, They're far from it each and every hole in there is shafts. It's a risky business it's a chance we take no matter what earth we enter the Warriors.

Edited by genuine
  • Like 4

Collars are good an bad in piles some ive done dog in 2 mins an dog is off boxs,b an f collars look to big for rock work

i only have a orange deben. and i like its size but my pall used a b and f and i love its acuracy! shame you cant combine the two

P.S good thread this some more pictures would be good

i rarely used a collar in rock ,you can usually hear a dog deep in the piles if you cant hear it it ,its very deep , ive had some huge digs to stuck dogs makes you think why you do it sometimes for sure but its in your blood , we had a 3 day dig with some bradford lads who came over & got their dog stuck , you could have near enough put a house in the hole lol , got the terrier out though , well worth the hard graft for it , ( BELLA ) bitch :thumbs:

• Like 1

how can you dig through the rocks seen on here,not a loaded question,just looks impossible task,we have a mate with a cur of a bitch,does 30 -45 minutes,was thinking of checking just how bad or good the spots i photographed might be,.dont know if we'll do it or not but i'll leave it up to the bloke that owns te dog.

how can you dig through the rocks seen on here,not a loaded question,just looks impossible task,we have a mate with a cur of a bitch,does 30 -45 minutes,was thinking of checking just how bad or good the spots i photographed might be,.dont know if we'll do it or not but i'll leave it up to the bloke that owns te dog.

its not so much as digging more moveing! think of it like rubble, spades stay at home and the iron bar is the tool for the job, if its gets bad then highlift jacks and ropes, even pogo hammer and jenny to go thru solid rock

back in the day they would use exsplosives :blink:

• Like 1

kin hell lol thank god we got soil in our region :laugh:

18 month back we had a dog in a borran and could see the fox about 15 ft in thankfully the rock got smaller and smaller so we tunneled in to him sending in the smallest member of the team and dragging him back out by his legs he got the dog out and the fox was under a rock under him he could just see its noise..

we shouted can you see him? he shouts "see him?! i can see what he had for f***ing breakfast!" :laugh:

he took his belt off wiggled it round his neck and we pulled the lad out by his legs and he had matey like he was on a lead.

theirs a good picture some where of a whip crawling from a borran?

• Like 1

kin hell lol thank god we got soil in our region :laugh:

18 month back we had a dog in a borran and could see the fox about 15 ft in thankfully the rock got smaller and smaller so we tunneled in to him sending in the smallest member of the team and dragging him back out by his legs he got the dog out and the fox was under a rock under him he could just see its noise..

we shouted can you see him? he shouts "see him?! i can see what he had for f***ing breakfast!" :laugh:

he took his belt off wiggled it round his neck and we pulled the lad out by his legs and he had matey like he was on a lead.

theirs a good picture some where of a whip crawling from a borran?

Borrans_Rescuer_1.jpg

made of strong stuff :blink:

"mid snow and ice

and frost and gale

they worked they sweat they swore

they tore the inside from the fell a thousand tonnes or more"

EDIT TO SAY.. the man i the picture is anthony barker war time huntsman if the pack....

Edited by perthshire keeper
  • Like 4