Rock Dogs

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a croc of shit lol .......

Some great reading men!! I dont think there would be many foxes about without the safe haven fortresses for rearing cubs.

He should of dropped a knife down maybe the terrier would of brought 5 tails back up with him lol.

Posted Images

i had some cracking rocks dogs (earth dogs too ) mainly patterdale/fell type dogs . all hunted superb even if charlie bolted they could run his line ,if they got up to the fox it was usually end of story , saying that i had some good borders but to be honest they cant skip the rocks like my fells did , i think bolting foxs from rock piles is the sport of kings .... untill they get stuck that is :hmm: , we have good testing places here around the peak district some great places to test the dogs noses

• Like 7

My mate had a very good bolting bitch an for 8 year we worked her in rock all ways found an bolted em she was lost in a very big deep pile about 5 years ago she was ten when lost,bitch could work them pile she go very deep to find an bolt em

• Like 1

My mate had a very good bolting bitch an for 8 year we worked her in rock all ways found an bolted em she was lost in a very big deep pile about 5 years ago she was ten when lost,bitch could work them pile she go very deep to find an bolt em

few & far between them dogs

very true mate

I was once told a story about rock dogs. One of the fell packs had run a fox to ground in a bad rock pile. Terrier after terrier were tried but it was hopeless. The huntsman then declared only one mans dogs could sort the problem so the guy in question came to the rocks and entered a dog. Minutes later the sounds from below said the dog was doing his job. After a while the noises faded to be replaced by the dog barking which the owner knew to be the dog saying he couldn't get out. The owner shone a torch down a thin shaft between the boulders and saw the dog about 35 foot below, on a ledge, surrounded by 5 dead foxes. He then got spare dog leads from the hunt followers, tied them together, and lowered the lead "rope" down. The dog bit onto the lead and was very carefully pulled up the 35 foot to the surface. Those rock dogs are superb if you can get a good one.

Edited by jessdale
  • Like 1

I was once told a story about rock dogs. One of the fell packs had run a fox to ground in a bad rock pile. Terrier after terrier were tried but it was hopeless. The huntsman then declared only one mans dogs could sort the problem so the guy in question came to the rocks and entered a dog. Minutes later the sounds from below said the dog was doing his job. After a while the noises faded to be replaced by the dog barking which the owner knew to be the dog saying he couldn't get out. The owner shone a torch down a thin shaft between the boulders and saw the dog about 35 foot below, on a ledge, surrounded by 5 dead foxes. He then got spare dog leads from the hunt followers, tied them together, and lowered the lead "rope" down. The dog bit onto the lead and was very carefully pulled up the 35 foot to the surface. Those rock dogs are superb if you can get a good one.

He should of dropped a knife down maybe the terrier would of brought 5 tails back up with him lol.

• Like 8