Geatest Song Ever Wrote...in Your Opinion

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt if it would go down as an all time great song but probably my favorite.....always sends a chill down the spine.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc

Don't know if anyone's flagged this up but Imagine is the most hypocritical song ever written :D Best song? What a crock of crap.   "Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try" - At no point d

Shine on you crazy diamond/pink floyd, wish you were here is also close.

Doubt if it would go down as an all time great song but probably my favorite.....always sends a chill down the spine.

I agree with you .. its Cashes performence for me piano lid at the end gets me every time :thumbs:

if you listen to the very first few lines i think its about the insulin injections he was diabetic , the needle ,the sting , just my take on it :hmm:

Its a cover of a Nine inch Nails song...its about a smackhead...Cash does the song with a ton more class than the original...in my opinion

I remember reading somewhere that Cash,s version was meant more in terms of getting old/watching your friends die etc......hence " everyone i know go,s away in the end ".....plus he,s sitting on a throne in the Johnny Cash museum,pictures of him with Elvis......seemed like a retrospective memory of his life before the accepted innevitable end he knew was coming..... i forget the guys name who wrote the song but that was the idea behind Cash,s version apparently.

Never seen the nine inch nails one not sure i want to either.

trent reznor

Iv Always loved my music

From a early age

Even as a nipper I was fooking class at des O Connors Name that tune :) lol

Some seriously great shouts on here

Over the years there has been some seriously Great and Timeless lyrics wrote and some great music put to them

Sang by some distinct real vocals

That's what pisses me off with the shite of today championed by all these Reality Wankers.

All to a man / woman couldn't hold a candle to those mentioned on this thread.

There are loads I like

But my Favs are probably The Jam and anything

Paul Weller had a hand in.

The Stone Roses were a favourate

Oasis came along at the right time

Some Punk

Some Ska

Indie

Some Dexys

Some Boleyn and Bowie

Some ELO

Even some of the 80's

Up to date ish Lauren Hill and Massive Attack

To much to mention

But as I say we suffering now for all the Great Artists wev had

That Stock Aitken and Waterman

Followed by Cowell has a lot to answer for

Keep the Great Stuff coming folks

Enjoyed Cash and Hurt and the Rolling Stones and Wild Horses

Speaking of Bowie, this is a great written song.

And the original below.

Edited by DogFox123

Doubt if it would go down as an all time great song but probably my favorite.....always sends a chill down the spine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc

I agree with you .. its Cashes performence for me piano lid at the end gets me every time :thumbs:

if you listen to the very first few lines i think its about the insulin injections he was diabetic , the needle ,the sting , just my take on it :hmm:

Its a cover of a Nine inch Nails song...its about a smackhead...Cash does the song with a ton more class than the original...in my opinion

I remember reading somewhere that Cash,s version was meant more in terms of getting old/watching your friends die etc......hence " everyone i know go,s away in the end ".....plus he,s sitting on a throne in the Johnny Cash museum,pictures of him with Elvis......seemed like a retrospective memory of his life before the accepted innevitable end he knew was coming..... i forget the guys name who wrote the song but that was the idea behind Cash,s version apparently.

Im not a fan of the original either...Cash's version has a lot more class...personaly the song reminds me of an old dog of mine...i held the old boys head in my hands and looked him right in the eye as they put him to sleep...i was 29 when i got him 44 when he died a few years back...like you said kinda retrospective of a life...anyway on a lighter note Lol...would have thought Cockny Rejects or CockSparrer would of been one of your greatest?...seen them both many times...classic punk rock'n'roll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc

Im not a fan of the original either...Cash's version has a lot more class...personaly the song reminds me of an old dog of mine...i held the old boys head in my hands and looked him right in the eye as they put him to sleep...i was 29 when i got him 44 when he died a few years back...like you said kinda retrospective of a life...anyway on a lighter note Lol...would have thought Cockny Rejects or CockSparrer would of been one of your greatest?...seen them both many times...classic punk rock'n'roll

Sounds like a nice respectful send off wouldnt be a dry eye in the house with that song in the background !..............like i said i was never into the music,i knew Jeff and Micky a little bit through the football but there used to be a pub called The Bridgehouse in Canning Town it was run by the boxer Glen Murphys dad,you might remember him from Londons Burning,both them bands used to play there what a f****n racket :D it wasnt a bit of me at all i used to give the place a wide berth when they was there........i did used to have a natter with a few of the boys out of East 17 though some years later that was more my sort of thing :icon_redface::D

Edited by gnasher16
Sounds like a nice respectful send off wouldnt be a dry eye in the house with that song in the background !..............like i said i was never into the music,i knew Jeff and Micky a little bit through the football but there used to be a pub called The Bridgehouse in Canning Town it was run by the boxer Glen Murphys dad,you might remember him from Londons Burning,both them bands used to play there what a f****n racket :D it wasnt a bit of me at all i used to give the place a wide berth when they was there........i did used to have a natter with a few of the boys out of East 17 though some years later that was more my sort of thing :icon_redface::D

Glen Murphy's wiki page says he's only being lined up to play none other than the great Johnny Cash in a stage play to tour the UK!

Edited by pesky1972

Glen Murphy's wiki page says he's only being lined up to play none other than the great Johnny Cash in a stage play to tour the UK!

Well shit in your hat and punch it what a mad coincidence that is !.....Havent seen him for years he went all poncey and started pronouncing his H's after Londons Burning .....cant really see him playing Johnny Cash thats hard to picture.

Nobody would agree on the best song ever far too many to choose from. Couple of my favourites not so well known are one white duck jethro tull, great acoustic. And 20 century man the kinks nearly fifty years old but still relevant lyrics. Sorry but cant upload on this poxy pc.