Teckels...

RubyTex

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't dare to say you are not right because that has been your own experience, but mine is completely different. In fact, here in Spain they are very used for flushing boar out from bramble. As

My bitch with a rabbit she caught this morning.

6 pups 3 dogs 3 bitches one dog was still born the remaining 5 seem to be fine touch wood

Posted Images

Just out interest how much is your mate wanting for a pup ? Is he breeding them them for the love of hunting or for the love of money ? Most people I know who work dogs don't sell pups they are gifted to people or sold for little value to cover costs

• Like 2

Just out interest how much is your mate wanting for a pup ? Is he breeding them them for the love of hunting or for the love of money ? Most people I know who work dogs don't sell pups they are gifted to people or sold for little value to cover costs

Do you breed dogs?

I used to work them them when I lived in the mountains in the south of France,mainly used for wild boar,that are brave ,hard as nails,yet very loveable and loyal little things,that give great voice,and can hold a full grown boar at bay,thay can work in even the thickest scrub.ihave just lost my little parson and would love a teckle to replace her if the chance ever came round.

I used to work them them when I lived in the mountains in the south of France,mainly used for wild boar,that are brave ,hard as nails,yet very loveable and loyal little things,that give great voice,and can hold a full grown boar at bay,thay can work in even the thickest scrub.ihave just lost my little parson and would love a teckle to replace her if the chance ever came round.

Where in the South of France?

I've been a few times to hunts in the Pyrenees and a lot in the Spanish ones and have seen quite a few teckels. It really surprises me that the breed isn't more used in Britain.

I totally agree with your point of view.

Must say though that if someone's searching for a long and short legged terrier this is not the correct dog to choose. A teckel is more or less exactly what you've just pointed.

So much teckel talk has left me hungry.

Can't wait for the roe deen stalking season with my boy!!

I might be interested if you find a decent bitch ;)

But let me know before the mating so I will know if it is a good time to get one, I don't want to mess you about. I'm in no rush, this year or next ;)

Shroom

I'll let you know as soon as I find my choice.

Cheers.

breeding to increase and better his own stock asks a fair price to keep idiots like you sound like from getting them. Free dogs for all next you will want to go shopping and not have to pay which planet do you live on
  • Like 2

breeding to increase and better his own stock asks a fair price to keep idiots like you sound like from getting them. Free dogs for all next you will want to go shopping and not have to pay which planet do you live on

Careful, you will get an abusive pm...

• Like 1

breeding to increase and better his own stock asks a fair price to keep idiots like you sound like from getting them. Free dogs for all next you will want to

Careful, you will get an abusive pm...

dont worry mate im a big boy now im sure i can handle it if not theres always counseling haha atb

Depends on what your using them for & the terrain their hunting!! If you want to hunt through bramble & anything with any incline then forget teckels!!! We had some they've no balance working banks due to the short legs!! & in cover such as bramble, they kept getting there fur caught up & didn't have the power to push on through!! We worked the cover more than they did!!! Lol..

I wouldn't dare to say you are not right because that has been your own experience, but mine is completely different. In fact, here in Spain they are very used for flushing boar out from bramble.

As I said before, I've had three and never had that problem.

Of course I have seen bad teckels, but just like any other dog breed.

In Germany they use them a lot and still, they are perfect for the task.

Must say though that compared to fast and tough terriers like Jagds or the wonderful patterdales you have in Britain, they are much slower. They lack electricity and speed, but then again, if you want that, don't go for a teckel, there are better breeds for that.

Maybe the best thing if someone is interested in a dog breed would be to watch a few working before getting one to see if it's going to suit his hunting ways.

Cheers!

• Like 8