Teckels...

RubyTex

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't dare to say you are not right because that has been your own experience, but mine is completely different. In fact, here in Spain they are very used for flushing boar out from bramble. As

My bitch with a rabbit she caught this morning.

6 pups 3 dogs 3 bitches one dog was still born the remaining 5 seem to be fine touch wood

Posted Images

Stay away from teckels mate they are a rip off iv seen my fair shear and they are very mediocre

in what ways would you say? The price tag on them is a big put off straight away I agree with that. What did you use them for or what type of work have you seen them doing?

A good teckel is the perfect everyday hunting dog.

I have one which I only use for bloodtraking but this is the third one I have. Two previous ones I used them together as all purpose dogs. Great for boar and for rabbits. Excellent for finding wounded quarry. Mine now almost exclusively used for roe deer bloodtraking.

I now usually hunt with a kerry but I often still think I should have worked with this third one the same way I worked with the other ones.

If you can find a nice bloodline and you have the chance, go for it.

Cheers.

quanto es por uno normalmente ?? Edited by mushroom

How would your rate there nose over other types as that's the main attribute of a hunting dog, would you say it's a fair bit better than other breeds?

I wouldn't dare to say such thing from any dog, but generally, the ones I've seen were very good ones with excellent noses.

I've had three (still have one) and the three have been great dogs.

A good teckel is the perfect everyday hunting dog.

I have one which I only use for bloodtraking but this is the third one I have. Two previous ones I used them together as all purpose dogs. Great for boar and for rabbits. Excellent for finding wounded quarry. Mine now almost exclusively used for roe deer bloodtraking.

I now usually hunt with a kerry but I often still think I should have worked with this third one the same way I worked with the other ones.

If you can find a nice bloodline and you have the chance, go for it.

Cheers.

quanto es por uno normalmente ??

In Spain you can find a good puppy for around 200-400€.

I'm looking for a bitch to cross my dog with. He is 9 and I want to keep a good puppy.

If you want, as I search for her I can ask for prices info.

Don't know about that morton, the price of cockers is extortionate to

Its not a case of being extortionate,somebody who puts in the time,effort and commitment into sourcing,then bringing into the country,honest bred Teckels,deserves a little renumeration for their endeavour.From experience,ive seen a couple of decent bred Teckels in the field,they are not as useful as other bushers about,that are easier to source and easier on the wallet,they lack pace and athleticism,fact,yet have excellent nose and commitment,plus their progeny swells the wallet,nothing wrong with that if you,ve put in the effort.Sadly many are jumping on the Teckel gravy train without the same honesty and effort.

• Like 3

Not gunna lie mate, I was tempted, as I want a busher that will run pipes and bales, but not a out and out earth dog, but wanted a dog that I could train to the gun at night

Decent bred Teckels enter below with the best of terriers.the rest don,t.

Chipper got one given to him off Colin Didrikson the famous Freddie it wasn't even stock broken the man is joke iv seen them work water woodland all types of cover and earths all not to very high standard . Even chipper is given up on them he has seen the light they are shit ! I have spoke to Collin on the phone and asked him how dose he justify the price tag and changed the subject says it all realy

• Like 1