Teckels...

RubyTex

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't dare to say you are not right because that has been your own experience, but mine is completely different. In fact, here in Spain they are very used for flushing boar out from bramble. As

My bitch with a rabbit she caught this morning.

6 pups 3 dogs 3 bitches one dog was still born the remaining 5 seem to be fine touch wood

Posted Images

A good teckel is the perfect everyday hunting dog.

I have one which I only use for bloodtraking but this is the third one I have. Two previous ones I used them together as all purpose dogs. Great for boar and for rabbits. Excellent for finding wounded quarry. Mine now almost exclusively used for roe deer bloodtraking.

I now usually hunt with a kerry but I often still think I should have worked with this third one the same way I worked with the other ones.

If you can find a nice bloodline and you have the chance, go for it.

Cheers.

Alright lads

Does anyone have any Teckel pups to go to a good home? Based in SW Scotland but can travel.

Also, good / bad points in the breed would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Check out Darsweed teckles in Northumberland. Blood tracking dogs mainly, from the YouTube videos.

I can import you one from eastern Europe if you wish...

Less agressive than terriers, they don't hunt far from the hunter like beagles do (this might be good or bad, depends), their size allows them to get through everywhere, great nose, friendly and intelligent. Obviously slower than others due to their short legs but tenacious and willing to work.

Never had or hunted with a crossbred one so I can't help you with that.