• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fantastic wouldn't be with out one plus I'm a tree surgeon     Gaz

Tell me about it                     Love wood lol   Gaz

All my heating and hot water are fed from this and a solar thermal panel. Best money I ever spent on the house. I love it.   It`s on just now with three dogs in front of it, and a kettle warming on

Posted Images

My mate has 1 in his shed it really kicks the heat out. He has put it on 2 courses of brick with a concrete slab top and it's seem fine. You would definitely have to use a sturdy fire gaurd though because the glass goes tremendously hot and the rest of it to be honest.

They are fantastic, mines on 24/7 without a problem.. I bought a clearview 500, though expensive to start with the heatings hardly on anymore.. I would not bother unless you can get cheap or free wood, though a ton bag costs £50 up this neck of the woods and lasts a while.. I have carpet with a rug infront just incase a log falls out etc when I open the door, though it hasn't ever before it's better safe than sorry

I have a wood stove which sits on a pad I made myself. Sadly I've dropped one to many logs on it broke the tile. But I have a heat shield on the bottom, and back. This cuts the clearance down to 16". The pad rests on a hard wood floor and I've had no problems at all. I second the cheap, or free would remark.

ATB

Gaz6 is that a stove top fan I spy?

Any good, seem some expensive ones out of my budget, but heard theres some affordable ones about?

As for whether to get a wood burner or not, depends on what price and how easy you can get wood for. Here we use 8m3 minimum and coldest winter 14m3. Only a little house, and we dont need to use much other source of heat. Have bought a new place which is being renovated (not while im sat here though!) and plan on putting in woodburner with boiler to radiators and maybe heat the water winter time. As for fuel for that, have a few hectares of woodland with the house, so might have buy wood for the 1st few years, but hope to only have to buy in a fraction of what we'll use. Depends how much time or work I have.

If ya keep the door open they spit ashes that will burn ya carpet. Dangerous if ya kid wer to touch it [bANNED TEXT] it red hot. A labour of love really but do give a lot if heat. I got 12kw and no central heating.

you shouldnt keep the door open anyway, it would burn too hot. Theyre safe as long as you get it swept regularly and dont burn damp wood.

Fantastic wouldn't be with out one :) plus I'm a tree surgeon ;)

1C7658A1-1D7C-4BD4-9B05-921E0CBCCA5D.jpg

Gaz

same burner as the old man's and same fan. Throws off a lot of heat and the fan makes a difference, tree surgeon myself too to plenty of ash oak and beech free of charge