The Special One

has to be my current dog. i've had a couple of very good working dogs over the years but i'm sure this one's gonna be something special. not sure why. he's a cnut at times and tests my patience, makes me look daft in company, but makes me try like fcuk to get the best out of him. he'll be around a while. i'm sorry i don't have a tale of 100 bunny nights or pre ban superstars.

• Like 4

I can recall 1 lurcher I had it was special . SPECIAL f***ing NEEDS !!

:laugh::thumbs: suppose we all looking for that special one , and prob never find it lol, but my younger dog is ticking all the boxes at moment so you never know in time as they say :thumbs:

• Like 1

Alright brick top how's thing that Russell I got off you did it have bull in its breeding it's looking like it's on steds or is the bull in it the shit that bob told you lol he's doing well the lads dug to him a couple of times nowt to write home about just average dog

Edited by Stud dog

Alright brick top how's thing that Russell I got off you did it have bull in its breeding it's looking like it's on steds or is the bull in it the shit that bob told you lol he's doing well the lads dug to him a couple of times nowt to write home about just average dog
Stud dog you must have the wrong bricktop,I've only ever had one Russell and that was about 22yr ago,

We had a pure greyhound brought over from Ireland when I was a kid and this bitch really stands out, I was only a kid and the dog was probably taller than me but would trot alongside me on walks no bother at all. She was owned by my grandad but he gave in and gave it to my dad eventually. We would go watch her run every Friday night at the track and be out walking in the week and doing training sessions. I was generally used as the rabbit and would run the other length of the football field and when far enough away my old man or older brother would slip her and she would bomb over full pelt never took me down thankfully, she would do 20 sets and I am pretty sure that dog is the reason I can run all day to this day lol. Funnily enough we had my favourite every terrier at the same time, maybe my youth has clouded my judgement but I adored those 2 dogs. Both were working dogs as well and worked the local land catching all sorts in my presence, I suppose they are reason I have dogs today and I am always sad when kids have not had the opportunity to be around dogs in their youth as certainly for me it kept me busy and has shaped my adult life atb Matt

• Like 4

ALRIGHT MATE.

RETIRED THE BEST DOG I EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF OWNING 10YRS AGO.

THIS DOG WAS A HUMAN INSIDE A DOG (I SWEAR) 3OOTA3 DOG

DONE EVERYTHING I ASKED OF HIM AND THEN ANOTHER 50% MORE.

ONCE IN A LIFETIME DOG NEVER SEEN THE LIKE SINCE.

DONE THE FULL CARD.

YOU DIDNT TAKE HIM COURSEING .

HE TOOK YOU AND GAVE YOU A EDUCATION IN HOW A PRO DOG SHOULD GO ABOUT BUISNESS.

BENCH MARK WAS SO HIGH GOOD DOGS WERE MADE LOOK STUPID N FOOLISH.

WAS OFFERED OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF CASH FOR HIM AND NEVER SOLD HIM.

A PLEASURE TOO WATCH HIM SPIN A HARE AND TOO TELL PEOPLE HE WAS MINE.

SAL/GREW CALLED

FERGUS.

• Like 1

I've been lucky to have owned several very good dogs over the years..one in particular I put on a pedestal above the others yet looking back I think it was just more than likely I was young,eager and blood thirsty to catch lots of gear and was never at home so perhaps im being unfair on my other dogs?..I ran where many wouldn't, the high risk areas got my full attention as that was where there was an abundance of game to be found..the dog wasnt the type you would ever take day coursing but anything else was within his compass..the dog took his work without any fuss, the gear I put infront of this dog would of broke 99% of lurchers imo..he was possibly a freak but whatever I was lucky to have owned him throughout and until his very last breath..no he wouldn't be the best at any single task, he weren't pretty but he was a good honest dog..i won't see his likes again as im not out to the extent I was almost 30 years ago..I still enjoy working my lurchers but have no inclination of ever wanting or needing a dog like I speak of here...enjoy your dogs and put your heart and soul into them and In years to come you may just look back with fond memories of your canine friend ")

• Like 11