No Ifs Or Butts ..........

Another dig Gnash?

Very well put.......near death experiences simply teach you that its better to be alive than dead nobody can lie about it thats why its called survival instinct.........to then have this acceptance of death and almost disregard for quality of life makes me quite angry to be honest.

I take it you have never been in a situation where you are totally out of control of what happens to you? Just a guess I may be wrong? When you are in that situation and you have no control, survival instinct does not come into it. What could I a 15 year old child being tumbled around under railway trucks do to change the situation I was in, in order to survive?

You remind me of Dylan Thomas,

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rage at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

TC

Another dig....when was the first one then ? :blink: .....i was responding to Bornhunters post about not living forever in reply to you......relax chum its just a gentle swapping of thoughts on a subject theres nothing to have a dig about !

Yes your guess was wrong......its not something id like to go into but needless to say i do know that feeling rather better than id like to.......admittedly i was an adult with an adults thought process but yes the same acceptance of the immediate few minutes ahead was unmistakeable........which in my mind means any other dangerous situation after that which is NOT completely hopeless is likely to bring out a survival instinct like no other.....but then maybe thats just dependant on an individuals personality.......but coupled with regular visits i make to a childrens hospice for life limited children close to me it keeps me very appreciative and somewhat hungry towards living a full life ......hence when i hear about folk who dont have that same hunger and value for life it just grates on me.

Poems are a bit deep for me i couldnt make head nor tail of it sorry.

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a load of baloney. They tell you that 6 people out of every 1000 could be at risk of getting cancer through passive smoking. What they omit to tell you is that those 6 people would be at risk for

well as a ex smoker , been stopped 22 years . i was getting bit out of breath going up hills , no prob walking flat etc. for 2-3 hours , just the hill getting out of breath . went to the doctor do

I used to smoke 40 tailored a day stopped when the kids where born I don't for one minute think smoking should be banned if we take the stance that every activity that causes a drain on the nhs is ban

It's not about living forever tc, it's about having a healthy body and mind to be able to enjoy life for as long as possible. Smoking/obesity might only knock a couple years off your life but it'll knock a lot of life out of the years. Everybody has the right to do whatever they like but it's not like people such as myself want to live forever. Bad genetics will kill you before a poor lifestyle will, but a healthy lifestyle will enable you to make the most of what you are blessed with.

I'm not an angel either. Just the way I see it.

Very well put.......near death experiences simply teach you that its better to be alive than dead nobody can lie about it thats why its called survival instinct.........to then have this acceptance of death and almost disregard for quality of life makes me quite angry to be honest.

in simple terms , the reason i stopped smoking 22 years ago , was not because I couldn't afford it, or what other people thought of my smoking habit , as l liked a smoke after a meal, or when out having few pints I thought it was great :thumbs: . but the reason I stopped for, was pissed off of coughing my fookin guts out every morning and if went down with cold was really bad after from the smoking . so now apart from a fooked back/shoulder./knee/ :laugh: Iam ok , but these things are just wear/tear from heavy work 40 years, plus fookin falling down in the dark with funny past time called lamping the last 30 years lol , my last fall landed on my head and the wife thinks I not been right since she prob right :laugh:

The reason I gave it up was the small matter of a heart attack at 45 years old. It brings home to you that, however bad you think your life is, it's better than the alternative !

It's not about living forever tc, it's about having a healthy body and mind to be able to enjoy life for as long as possible. Smoking/obesity might only knock a couple years off your life but it'll knock a lot of life out of the years. Everybody has the right to do whatever they like but it's not like people such as myself want to live forever. Bad genetics will kill you before a poor lifestyle will, but a healthy lifestyle will enable you to make the most of what you are blessed with.

I'm not an angel either. Just the way I see it.

in simple terms , the reason i stopped smoking 22 years ago , was not because I couldn't afford it, or what other people thought of my smoking habit , as l liked a smoke after a meal, or when out having few pints I thought it was great :thumbs: . but the reason I stopped for, was pissed off of coughing my fookin guts out every morning and if went down with cold was really bad after from the smoking . so now apart from a fooked back/shoulder./knee/ :laugh: Iam ok , but these things are just wear/tear from heavy work 40 years, plus fookin falling down in the dark with funny past time called lamping the last 30 years lol , my last fall landed on my head and the wife thinks I not been right since she prob right :laugh:

The reason I gave it up was the small matter of a heart attack at 45 years old. It brings home to you that, however bad you think your life is, it's better than the alternative !

true mate, how have you been since ,? suppose ive been lucky really done daft things when younger 18 -28 year old smoke to much drank to much , and shagged (any) female if it smiled at me .lol got married at 30 and got into keeping fit,( running,weights, karate ) done them for near 4 years solid, hurt my back , then just swimming and lots of walking , which I do now, I am 62 now not bad for my age lost 1 stone , just through lots of walking. I hear of a lot of people much younger than me who had serious health prob like your self, so I think ive been lucky just hope I can continue down the same path as now , but you never know whats round the corner for you . :yes: