No Ifs Or Butts ..........

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a load of baloney. They tell you that 6 people out of every 1000 could be at risk of getting cancer through passive smoking. What they omit to tell you is that those 6 people would be at risk for

well as a ex smoker , been stopped 22 years . i was getting bit out of breath going up hills , no prob walking flat etc. for 2-3 hours , just the hill getting out of breath . went to the doctor do

I used to smoke 40 tailored a day stopped when the kids where born I don't for one minute think smoking should be banned if we take the stance that every activity that causes a drain on the nhs is ban

well as a ex smoker , been stopped 22 years . i was getting bit out of breath going up hills , no prob walking flat etc. for 2-3 hours , just the hill getting out of breath . went to the doctor done some test where you blow in tube and same but to a comp so 2 tests. the doc said my lung capacity was not to bad and not in bad shape for my age+ build .But he said ive prob scared my lungs from smoking those years back, and can never get them back to what they should naturally be :cray: . so anybody reading this feckin try and stop now, because the longer you go on the worse your body will become from it FACT :yes:

• Like 4

I am on them e ciggies (7 months) i have gone down from spending 8 quid a day to 8 quid a week, i now wonder how i could afford to smoke and thats with having a job, i am knocking down the amount of nicotine slowly them hopefully get rid . i had a draw of a fag on sat night i near enough puked :laugh:

• Like 2

I've had the odd fag when drunk probably to go out with a fag n carry on chatting with whatever poor tart tried to use going for a fag as an excuse to get away. My mum smokes and watched her own mum die with lung cancer :/ would have thought that'll be enough to stop anyone. Can tell when my mums tried to quit aswell as shell moan about anything and everything lol. Brothers managed to quit but now has one them things that you charge and tastes of of different liquids. Am glad that i never started dont know anyone who smokes who says they wish they didnt.

I've had the odd fag when drunk probably to go out with a fag n carry on chatting with whatever poor tart tried to use going for a fag as an excuse to get away. My mum smokes and watched her own mum die with lung cancer :/ would have thought that'll be enough to stop anyone. Can tell when my mums tried to quit aswell as shell moan about anything and everything lol. Brothers managed to quit but now has one them things that you charge and tastes of of different liquids. Am glad that i never started dont know anyone who smokes who says they wish they didnt.

dont think there would be many
  • Like 1

truther if i eat a burger it dosnst kill you but you smoking in the right place can kill me, what does get me is you smokers never admit its bad but dress it up as a fooking good thing with no penaltys.

What a load of baloney. They tell you that 6 people out of every 1000 could be at risk of getting cancer through passive smoking. What they omit to tell you is that those 6 people would be at risk for other reasons other than passive smoking anyway. The actual revenue from cigarettes including VAT is 12 billion and with government figures the cost to the NHS is estimated to be between 2.6 to 6 billion £ so FFS don't tell me I am a drain on the NHS. I pay far more than you in taxes, and I am treated as a pariah for doing so.

Read this.

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/does_smoking_cost_as_much_as_it_makes_for_the_treasury-29288

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 5

what a load of shite bracken boy i am a smoker and the penalties are high just the same as eating shite everyday smoking is in no way benificial to anyone i had cancer 4 year ago now and stopped smoking for a whole 3 weeks not proud by any means but i really struggled i smoke after a meal after sex but most of all just through habbit its hard to stop i have tryed alot of times and failed i hate taking tablets but for me this has to be the next step

truther if i eat a burger it dosnst kill you but you smoking in the right place can kill me, what does get me is you smokers never admit its bad but dress it up as a fooking good thing with no penaltys.

In fact, thinking about it now. We smokers are giving you a better lifestyle. Because without that 12 billion £'s we generate through tax you would be paying a lot more tax than you do. So By my reckoning you should be thanking us not berating us.

TC

7 million smoking related deaths globally every year on average, and all governments do is a bit of campaigning telling folk how bad it is for your health, similar figures for drink related deaths, again nothing is really done. Then some islamic nut jobs (supposedly) fly into a couple of buildings and kill 3,000 people and they flatten several countries over it killing hundreds of thousands of people? If they're so interested in saving lives why not arrest the tobacco company directors, and ban the stuff from being grown? Then again its not stopped the smack getting in has it :whistling:

7 million smoking related deaths globally every year on average :whistling:

Thats the problem with the world today, your not allowed to die any more, you have to be kept alive at any cost. It is totally against the natural order. Smokers die younger on average, no one is disputing that. Therefore they cost less in pensions and elderly care. So when you break down the costs to society we are more value for money, as we contribute more and cost less than a non smoker.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

12 billion quid is the tax the government claims from smokers, 3 billion quid is what it costs the nhs to treat smoking related illnesses.

I'm not and never have been a smoker, you do the maths.

If everyone stopped smoking, eating shit and drinking alcohol tomorrow, where would the money come from to pay the parasites in parliament that leech off us.

They'd tax us for fecking breathing.

• Like 2

7 million smoking related deaths globally every year on average :whistling:

Thats the problem with the world today, your not allowed to die any more, you have to be kept alive at any cost. It is totally against the natural order. Smokers die younger on average, no one is disputing that. Therefore they cost less in pensions and elderly care. So when you break down the costs to society we are more value for money, as we contribute more and cost less than a non smoker.

TC

Spot on TC.

Makes me wonder what their next move will be when smoking becomes less and less popular? Smoking is genius really, high taxes, then early death to save on pensions, they f****d up big time with the dementia though, probably just can't get the mix of legal poisons right :whistling: