Shorter All Rounders

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the all rounder thing again,it'll a cause a row again,on what an all rounder is.Especially if it don't shoot,catch red deer ,round sheep up do a rubiks cube lol

12tts 10 weeks old

19TTS AND AS STRONG AS A HAMSTER

Posted Images

99041B8A-E152-43B2-BB90-6DCBF4AA8C69_zps

This bitch is only 23tts one of the keenest bitches I've ever seen really wants it's quarry she's still young at the minute time will tell with her but I think she will be handy enough she's been hammered this season and is allways ready for the next night or day. Atb

Edited by fitchet
  • Like 3

Heres my bitch pup, now 23tts. Only 10 month and done bits and bobs learning from my older bitch Fly.

http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/1MANNDOG/media/flyandgeminsnow.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

She should take everything but I was worried at one stage she might not make the height for daytime retrieves but shes done that once already.

Good hunting

rew

Edited by REW
  • Like 1

In a whole most of theses all rounders type I have seen have been 24tts + going up to 30inch and are very good at must things but I havnt seen to many dogs under 24tts takeing most quarry and i don't think it's because they carnt I think it's because people prefer taller dogs.

One of the best dogs I have witnessed was a 23 inch bitch she took everything the lad who owned her put a load of gear in front of her and she never upset.

So what I'm asking is have you owned or whitnessed these shorter dogs on if so any pics or story's to share

Its a percentage game,its easier on the dog and quarry with a mutt that can get in contact and finish the chase with some ease,smaller dogs are not as clinical as their larger cousins,much of the time,percentages?.Ive seen some very useful 23" and under lurchers,ive seen far more that have been over 25".I set out with no size preference,yet reached a conclusion height,power and pace aided the dog more than a lack of it.You can still get the pace from a smaller dog,even the power with some,yet there is no substitution for height.Ive worked land with certain cover that smaller dogs are restricted in,they have an habit of springing about trying to re-locate the chase,taller dogs have the ability to keep eye contact longer.

• Like 3