I am sure travelers would rather be choring scrap than setting snares :icon_eek:

Theres numpties and folk who know no better in every walk of life..

There's more town folk than them - bet it was not them :tongue2:

Although the snare must have been constructed and set reasonably well (all be it illegally) as it did catch and hold a fox? Not compleatly clueless? Did they look to have been set haphazardly or with a degree of knowledge?

Edited by air gun ant

No they were all set at different sizes some so big a fox could easily pass through. The fox that was caught was just and no more snared round its bottom jaw and teeth. A few we found were snapped and the ground round them was disturbed as though something was caught and broke them as it wasmt clean cut breaks. The wire were all different thickness. Just some stupid cnuts tbh

Some young twenty something or in there late teens who has no experience but has seen too much bear grylls no doubt!...make up a card stating youce found his/her snares and they are illegally working the land and leave them marked where he left the snares, sounds like a chancer to me.

Some young twenty something or in there late teens who has no experience but has seen too much bear grylls no doubt!...make up a card stating youce found his/her snares and they are illegally working the land and leave them marked where he left the snares, sounds like a chancer to me.

Sounds very odd to me.

I'm sure we will all be interested to know the outcome if the OP ever gets to the bottom of this one!

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...