Where Did The Deer Dog Post Go

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little b*****d it is...  

A dozen Red Stags here..       Part of a herd ")    

Shites herself if they chase her haha  

Posted Images

Your decoy dog ? lol

Just my wee companion when we go out and see whats on the ground in places ive never been before..wouldn't want to take a lurcher just incase as on those pics you bump into something that could turn problematic luckily I had the Saluki leashed on that first pic as I bumped into those hinds well off the beaten track to where they usually take up residence..so just myself and the Pom in the main ...

What Fuji hasn't told you is just after photos were taken a fabulous transformation happens, go go gadget legs and those poor bambi are in trouble

and single handedly takes 1/2 the herd out ,sight to Behold

• Like 2

On a serious note . I had a 3/4 grey bitch that puled fair bit of game over never ran er on big reds tho. personally I think I good red stag I run fairly sith two strong runners could be pulled over but would have to big strong thpes in my opinion . Atb

few years ago me and a mate were rabbiting one night, it was in jan .it was cold night and the ground was very hard, so we kept by the wood so it was not over exposed , and bit softer ground there . we came to one field and the gate was stuck froze solid to the floor , the gate was only open 10in wide , no way could we get through it, the dog only just about, we couldn't move it no feckin way.anyway we climbed over, start to walk the edge of field , when thedogs shot off in front . then they went to wards us flat out behind a red hind , the deer ran past hit the gate if it was like feckin matchstick , the gate slammed right back to hedge , it ran through to other end of wood and vanished . the power of the bloody thing was unreal , :yes: don't know about dog taking them you need a feckin lion lol
You only have to look at there back to see the power but for big deer you needed big dogs.....a5fe8cff-9e25-4fc0-83e7-c8d9cca118c4_zps
big dogs are a must Imo doing the big ones it certainly helps things it did when I used to do them

big dogs aren't needed technique is more important....never used to own a dog over 26tts and use to take all the different types of deer preteen

have you found that the 26tts dog was more sucsessfull in certain places than your smaller dogs due to the terrain they were running on?

On a serious note . I had a 3/4 grey bitch that puled fair bit of game over never ran er on big reds tho. personally I think I good red stag I run fairly sith two strong runners could be pulled over but would have to big strong thpes in my opinion . Atb

few years ago me and a mate were rabbiting one night, it was in jan .it was cold night and the ground was very hard, so we kept by the wood so it was not over exposed , and bit softer ground there . we came to one field and the gate was stuck froze solid to the floor , the gate was only open 10in wide , no way could we get through it, the dog only just about, we couldn't move it no feckin way.anyway we climbed over, start to walk the edge of field , when thedogs shot off in front . then they went to wards us flat out behind a red hind , the deer ran past hit the gate if it was like feckin matchstick , the gate slammed right back to hedge , it ran through to other end of wood and vanished . the power of the bloody thing was unreal , :yes: don't know about dog taking them you need a feckin lion lol
You only have to look at there back to see the power but for big deer you needed big dogs.....a5fe8cff-9e25-4fc0-83e7-c8d9cca118c4_zps
big dogs are a must Imo doing the big ones it certainly helps things it did when I used to do them

big dogs aren't needed technique is more important....never used to own a dog over 26tts and use to take all the different types of deer preteen

have you found that the 26tts dog was more sucsessfull in certain places than your smaller dogs due to the terrain they were running on?
I've learnt over the years that you don't need big dogs to do a job
  • Like 4

Pre ban of course do you reckon your Black and Tan dog would have a go lol atb

Just my opinion here but I think he would have "flattened" them hinds matey but perhaps that just me talking shite and it wouldn't be the first time ive done that apparently haha

• Like 7