• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Home and sorted now.   Another great weekend as always, not sure why more people don't come to it TBH, because it's a great event. But hey, there loss.   Thank yous.   Dan the man for all the co

I have already approached the bloke who runs the lakes close to me about fishing them for the match. there is a small lake which would be good for us as everybody would catch a good few fish. It has

I can only echo what Arch as already said, another cracking weekend again fair play.   Big thank you and well done to Arch for organising a great event, tidy little venue with us camping 20 feet fro

Posted Images

Maybe a silly question but is anyone bringing their missus with them?

Only reason I ask is its my wedding anniversary on the 16th so if I head up for this I'd best bring the better half along too!

Yep. For the 3rd year on the trot. :thumbs: Our anniversary is 19th so I'm told. :laugh:

I wish I had vomited maybe the putrid cider wouldn't have put me in a coma. Yes will be going rude not to.its affordable and great fun. Just got to try and get both my minnows into the keepnet and witness the auction I'll be happy

:thumbs:

Yes, there's a field and camping, but Arch isn't booking that side of it.

photo-thumb-57067.jpg?_r=1429868220 Posted by Ossie n Arch on 14 June 2015 - 12:55 PM in Fresh & Salt Water Fishing

No, if you're going to be camping you need to ring up the site and book in yourself. Ask for Rita and explain you're fishing the CHARITY match on the 16th August. She'll book you in. We are camping down near the lake we are fishing (Gils)

It's all in my OP in the Charity fishing comp Thread in the General section. :thumbs:

Looks a nice spot , good enough for Bob nudd good enough for me. Might get myself a whip and have some simple fun fishing. Never heard the 'buy our pellets only' thing before though. Will a whip handle an 8lber though?

Well speaking in my capacity as last year's runner up (but I don't like to mention it) :laugh: you won't have to worry as you won't hook anything over 2oz like last year. And whips and poles are for fannies. :thumbs:

Emily uses a whip to fish with as a rod/reel were a bit hard for her to learn on. She hooked and landed a 7lb mirror with it. So a competent fisherman should do just fine!

Just watch out for weed/lillies. You can't give them as much stick as a rod!

I guess it's one rod in the water at a time?

• Like 1

Ems caught this one on the whip.

20150517_133744_zpsngyy2uhw.jpg

Think emily will be coming with us too but she won't be fishing. Her and Lisa are heading off into leicester whilst I desperately try to catch my first fish!

If I haven't hooked myself in the first hour and still got some tackle left then I'm doing well!

• Like 3