Strong Stuff Collors

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mines only just got hers. Its a bit big for her at the minute, but seeing as shes out grown her puppy collar and a whippet collar I wasnt buying a 3rd for her to out grow..

I`m sure Arron would make anyones ring bigger if you asked him nicely !!     Honestly though mate, they are the best working dog collars I have ever used. He`ll make you a few thin slip leads to u

Posted Images

my bitch with just the normal lurcher collar from strong stuff

1797617_10152725362143765_61622340233214

IMG_1704_zpsd0e7d341.jpg

No problems with it, does what it says on the tin so to speak. If you're looking for another type a nice leather one can be made by Harris and Watson, well they had nice ones when i was looking not sure if they're still about now but were a bit pricey i think!

Once upon a time SS only made standard collars and most people went for an oversized one. Seen some real silly sights at shows with folk parading round some skinny arsed mutt with a huge shiny collar! Some poor dogs did look daft and i really did get why those who didn't have one to give them some stick!

Now it did take him a while but about 3 years back 'ol A came up with a real Lurcher collar and i was lucky enough to be given a 'prototype' to try. It went strait on my old half cross and there it's been ever since. He's a bit of a lump, my old dog and that dog could/can put a real strain on neckwear but it'll out last him and any i put in it and probably me too! The other year i got myself one of those speedier Lurchery things and guess what, got the same type for him too. They, if measured properly, will look right on ANY Lurcher type, from skinny arsed mini snake heads to big fat bull bonces.

Oh, and any dog getting a snag, in any collar, will do its neck no favours. If your worried about that run a dog without!

I have the older non tapered type on mine. Would like to get the nice new lurcher type ones he does now but these dont wear out. The slip leads are also the same, they have dragged, towed and tied all manner of stuff and are still as they were. One of them even spent a few months out in the dales where i lost it one night and found it months later. the collars on my two are 1.5" and 1"

10943763_10152557837360877_8561595636045

10428053_10152557840170877_8464528324161
Edited by Slippery_Weasel

ahhh hard decision lol i like the big 2" ones because of the big huge d ring on it but worried it will look stupid on him. Looking at 2" on the tape dont look to big still got afew days to think about it before i go and buy one anyway

The 2 inch lurcher collars have the same size ring on as the 1" terrier collars. And its plenty for his slips to go through. I think its only the full length 50mm beast collars that have a huge ring on them and 2 pin buckle. He will make you what you want though. I got SS collars on all my dogs, I like them. The russell lives in bramble and her collar is a few years old and is almost still as good as new. As Dykos said, the rings lay flat and they offer a bit of protection. post-45598-0-30627200-1421701810_thumb.jpg

• Like 2