Lamping Or Day Time ?

I am converted from hardcore lamping to daytime running..

I have better dogs now :icon_redface:

Haha..best post ive read since dinosaurs walked the earth!!! I too lived and breathed a life which seen me trawling the countryside in the hours of darkness with a dazzler in hand yet these days I enjoy my daytime forays, the days of returning home without the motor laden with game after been lamping and seeing me in a state of depression until I was back in the swing of filling the car regularly now seem a lifetime away..these days im often out with my pooches, my rucksack full of grub & treats for the dogs a flask and will trail around from dawn until dusk with little intention or want to hunt anything at all infact many times where I know there to be gear on the ground I will leash the mutts up until im away from the "usual" suspects who are generally on the menu..I have taken my quota of ground game and then some in my life yet have never been at war with nature..I enjoy the countryside and what it has to offer and on occasions it's my dogs and not i that gather up what mother nature presents for us...

Bit early for vodka is it not Andy.......

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha..best post ive read since dinosaurs walked the earth!!! I too lived and breathed a life which seen me trawling the countryside in the hours of darkness with a dazzler in hand yet these days I enj

It's always been a good mix with me,,,liked both,,,,but if I'm honest I like the daytime just that few persent more,,,love watching the dog use it's nose find flush,,and run,,,,or mark to ground,,,and

Lamping for numbers....daytime for quality....... JMO.

it was lamping for me through the week , my mrs worked in a factory i had orders of 60 a week i had to put in massave hours & milage to get them .but nothing beats my weekend walks lincoln way with dogs on the slip , then you can appreciate your dogs watching them twist & turn ;)

Was out today me and the young lad that comes with me I was abit worse for ware but we hit the local hill with my pack 2 lurchers beaglex and lurcher pup and had a belter of a day watching the dogs work a line of into the distance really does give you a buzz

Guy int pub said why knock up one hare in day when you can knock up 20 on lamp?

its like knocking a man out when he's not looking :thumbs:

Guy downt pub said be away with you, it may be like punching a dwarf, but lil.fukcer was sure looking

dont get credit for punching dwarfs round here looking or not :thumbs: and lets be honest the poor fker cant even run from you properly if he tried :laugh:

Edited by TROY_BOY

Muddler if I was closer id buy you and guy int downt pub a pint yous make my day

The guy int pub said your welcome to pop up an buy a round anytime, but don't bring any of these hare worshiping coursers with you, they are too much like Muslims for his liking, trying to enforce everybody to worship the allmighty Mohammed hare, its nothing more than a big bunny an needs controlled like all else

Kin el j m, I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet! Well, some of the time lol :thumbs:

• Like 1

Guy int pub said why knock up one hare in day when you can knock up 20 on lamp?

its like knocking a man out when he's not looking :thumbs:

Guy downt pub said be away with you, it may be like punching a dwarf, but lil.fukcer was sure looking

dont get credit for punching dwarfs round here looking or not :thumbs: and lets be honest the poor fker cant even run from you properly if he tried :laugh:

Hey dwarfs can be evil little shits, and they still people, do you let rabbit, roe and fox get stripped down to running weight and looking before running them? They all.pests and need controlled, farmer ain't gonna listen to, let them get fit mate. Give them sporting chance lol

i run to test my dog to the limit and imo lamped hares are a whole lot easier than daytime nothing to do with pest control or anything and you could knock 20 up on the lamp and kill 20 id give your dog more credit for the 1 daytime hare :thumbs: