• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a hook with a point and thread and you have a hole ram some wood or peices or wood in the hole so its tight tap in the point of the hook (you might have to drill a pilot hole with a wood bit) with a hammer, get some molegrips on the hook and screw it in.

If you have a hook with a point and thread and you have a hole ram some wood or peices or wood in the hole so its tight tap in the point of the hook (you might have to drill a pilot hole with a wood bit) with a hammer, get some molegrips on the hook and screw it in.

Ok i will use that method i think , thanks again :D

why not go to the local hardware shop and get two of these,

http://www.fastfixdirect.co.uk/code/descri...ProductID=62556 :thumbs: would make life handy.

if this link doesn't work it an eye bolt your looking for.

I only want to hang the washing on the line snaps , not put up a leanto :laugh::laugh: have you seen the price of them things £ 60.00 :laugh:

Here's 2 of the method's i would/have used over the year's..

Dont use them meatal wall plug's use the brown type and drill the hole in the brick work slightly smaller say 2mm than the plug..

The other better method is go to your DIY store and buy one of the big eye fixing's in the picture.. all's you need to do is drill the hole the same again about 2mm smaller than the thread in the cement joint this time and screw the bolt directly into the morter bed.. that way you will not have to worry about wall plug's.. :thumbs: ..

Millet

That makes much more sense, i have loads of them plastic rawplugs but thought the metal one may give a better grip in the wall

Thanks everyone just waiting for the drill to warm up :laugh:

how many members of the Hunting Life does it take to put up a washing line :wallbash::haha: If you've already got a hole jam some bits of wood in and screw in the hook...five minute job, no drill required.

well i am waiting on the drill now the lights still flashing , so its not ready yet :laugh:

I hope the drills a gooden or you could be spending all day waiting for flashing lights :laugh:

Its a drill thats all i know , it flashes then it stops , its still flashing :laugh: