Tried My New Long Nets Out.

My new longnets arrived from nelson last week so i thought id give them a go on saturday. I went to one of my permissions which was in need of thinning out as the rabbits are tucking into the wheat and causing a fair bit of damage.

DSC01633.jpg

I decided to just use the longnets as i wanted to get used to running them out and picking them up quickly and by the end i was pretty happy with the result. The wind was strong and gusty for most of the day so i had my hands full but it was a good day in the end with 10 nice healthy rabbits, one of which was dug to as my hob got hold of it.

DSC01643.jpg

All the warrens were in hedges and broken down dry stone walls which are usually a pain to purse net so it made a nice change to be able to set out the longnet and sit back. All the bolts happened pretty swiftly, i guess due to reduced noise compared to walking around the warren netting up each individual hole, and the ferrets worked well so a good overall result.

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01654.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

DSC01660.jpg

DSC01665.jpg

looking forwards to getting out with the longnets again.

ATB

• Like 12

Cheers ross, it was pretty tricky taking photos at times as well as dealing with rabbits/ferrets and nets, was good fun though.

leethedog, the quickset longnets i bought off nelson come ready to go, basket + poles. He's a decent size hob but not as big as he looks in that photo. Its nice to bring him out with the jills now and then when its shallow warrens as he does get hold of them pretty quickly, doesnt half make them shift though.

atb

• Like 1

Cheers guys,

The long nets are definitely a game changer. So much easier! I think I lost one rabbit out of the Nets that day so 4z do the trick nicely and not that much debris when picking up. Back out on Sunday to do the 'big hedge' so ill let you know how it goes.

Longers7 you have pm

ATB