Ridgeline Clothing

I've just got a ridgeline recoil coat mate I got it in a sale for an overcoat I've not tried it loads yet but it does seem a bit warm when walking and in cold winds with not much under it it's the opposite but I've been in a few snow sleet and rain showers with it and so far I've not been wet.

I got the ridgeline pintail pants for over trousers and they ain't waterproof maybe in general rain and water resistant aye, but in real weather they just don't have it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a pair of ridgeline boots, more comfy than wellies when beating, totally waterproof, obviously no good if your in water over the top of the boot!! and the leather gets scratched up pretty quick if your going through brambles and thicket so they don't look pretty for long, but as mentioned they are comfy straight out the box and if your walking any distance they are a good choice

Edited by brucemyster

Anyone got any experience with a ridgeline monsoon 2? Same as the elite I think just with better cuffs and hood. Currently got harkila pro hunter but it's far to big on me and ridgeline is a lot cheaper

I got shot of my pro hunter and bought a pintail smock. Wouldn't go back! Fits a lot better and very light. Yeah in warmer weather you will sweat but it's so light, just take it off! I treat it as part of a layering system. Perfect in colder weather, can wear in all day beating, rough shooting, stalking etc.

• 2 months later...

I've got a couple of their camo shirts. Good camo with a mesh panel in back. I've worn mine to the pub a couple of times with the usual banter " has anyone seen Paul". Good for in between weather on their own. Too thick for summer.

The ridgeline stuff is okay, seems to last well, I have the original monsoon smock which has done me three seasons now - for the price that ain't bad.

Having said that it is like a magic sweat tent. I have never known a coat that makes me sweat any more than that horrible thing. That's probably why it has lasted so long... I avoid wearing it.

I bought the monsoon smock after hearing and reading some good things about it. Despite what I'd heard I quickly found myself disliking it as any sort of activity whilst wearing it just led to me being soaked in sweat and in heavy rain it leaked like a sieve so no matter what I would usually feel wet and uncomfortable whilst wearing it. On a cold dry winters day mine is not too bad if I am stationary but since it was bought as a wet weather jacket it's pretty much useless to me. Also bought the pintail pants at the same time as I got the monsoon smock, again in my experience these were not at all waterproof. I would never buy Ridgeline clothing again. Having said all that I know one guy who still swears by his monsoon smock.