2 Piece Spades

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is mine, made it about 3 years back, it was a square mouth but I cut it to what I wanted, the bolt is of a transit tow bar and welded in to one end and the nut welded into the other,I've done som

Had an hour spare in work last night so knocked this up to go in a rucksack Just a prototype for now probally adjust a few things maybe change to 1 joint and change the angle of the head I'll probabl

Cheaper than paying 60/100 notes for 1 2 piece,you use a shovel for digging,and a wrecking bar/graft for the big rocks,as you know some tools can make the dig look hard work,no matter what they got in

Posted Images

Taking me round mouth shovel in to work tonight the.fitter is gonna sort me out a 2 peice yippee he said he could.do different heads for.one shaft perhaps a nice strong fork I thought I'd show how a sharptooth picture

Edited by leethedog
  • 10 months later...

utter utter shite and if you want a folding one that will graft then get yourselves to a military sales or a military enthusiasts day and find a folding spade with the straight wooden handle on it :yes: .I have one and i can almost jump on it,good strong joint where it folds,can be firmly locked into place at 90 degrees so you can scoop soil out with it and even has a small pick axe type bit on it and it's carrying case fits on a trouser belt.Seen a few lads on you tube digging deep to their terriers with them and they do do they job,the only bad bit is the size of the head and a normal sized head sure shifts the soil faster.
I've seen some finnish lads on utube digging brock with folding spades, but these ones have a T handle, they look the handiest folding spades I've seen so far, I just can't seem to find them anywhere for sale yet.....

It's taken me years to find my one and like i say a good military collectors type sale should turn one up rather than a military surpless store as mine is dated 1959(and still going strong) so a bit obsoleat these days.I've seen a few european diggers using these as well and am impressed with it in the field as i was on watching it on you tube,,but like i say it ihas a small head and shouldn't be relied on as the main spade for a day really.
This is the spade I was on about Fireman.......I got one delivered the other day. It was quite hard to track down, but found a supplier in Poland :-)

It's by far the best folding spade I've seen or handled, longer in the shaft & bigger head than any I've seen so far....feels very strong & seems pretty indestructible :-)

Obviously you wouldn't set out with this alone to do any serious digging, but as something to chuck in a backpack while mooching, it could easily get you out of trouble or in trouble depending on the situation haha.....

Swedish Army surplus spade

post-89484-0-42440600-1451694589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

any link to where they can be bought? looks a handy stand by for out walking etc

Google....Original folding shovel from swedish army Kerosene Shop

It's a polish company.......the shovel worked out about €25, but with postage nearer €40