Hunting on private land

i go to the farmer and tell him i would like to hunt onhis land,that i am fully insured, and that i will rid him of a few foxes or deer whichever the case may be an one farmer even gave me a large bag of lamb roasts etc. for doing away with 6 foxes that killed all his ducks.......i'd say in the butcher's € 100 wouldn't even have touched the meat he gave me.......so a good result......polite and courtious, be willing to lend a hand if needs be it always helps.

Small but earnest gestures go a long way. I've always offered game to the people good enough to give me permission, helped one fellow re-roof a calf shed, helped 2 ( so far ) with planning applications, and have always put myself at their disposal when it comes to vermin control.

On that note, the air rifle I got for my brother last year is worth it's weight in gold. Feral pigeons in farm buildings, stables and businesses are getting to be a big problem here, and my brother spends a couple of evenings every week potting these nuisance birds for people. As a result, we have a lot of new permissions, a real result.

Guest john2007oliver
Just ask them, the worst they can say is "no" so its no hardship really. If you get 9 no's but 1 yes its all been worthwhile.

What if you get at least 50 no's and no yes's :icon_redface: Is that about time to give up LOL

I have 21 permissions and expect to have 1 or 2 more by the end of the year.

Yes, I have had some luck, yes I have worked hard, but I have a very high attempt to success rate. Keep trying, offer the landowner something they need, be reliable and respectful, don't take the p***, and don't turn up on his doorstep with a gun and wearing cammo gear!!!

I now have a team of shooters who work for me for free because they can't get a shoot but I can.

Deker

If you cant get permission don't worry just help your self

That is the sort of response that is below contempt and will end up screwing every respectful and law abiding shooter in this country!!!

Deker

ive got permision to ferret 3 farms 4 woods and to shoot 2 of the farms and one of the woods with my 22 but not one of them will allow me a dog on the land even on the leash while shooting or ferreting. i also have 2 golf courses that im allowed to lamp but no one to lamp with my pups just learning and its crap having to train her and hold the lamp plus i cant hold her the lamp and shoot . its frustrating not being allowed her out with the ferrets to get her intrested tho . just keep trying iv been allowed on the farms i have since i was a todler . ill be moving away soon eather way donw south or way up north and when i do god only knows how ill get permision .