Chips do often move, especially if done in pups as they grow it tends to get displaced, they do normally settle down and stop in one place once their fully grown,

its rarer with an adult dog who's been chipped for it to move and its never been heard of a chip working its way out, there coated with some stuff that helps them attach

to the muscle etc, so they don't get rejected.

With one of mine her chip is half way down her leg, she was done at around 6 weeks old by the breeder

my youngster who was done at 12 weeks, so far his hasn't moved and neither have the other dogs who were done as adults,

it is worth getting the chip checked every year though, any vet will do it for free if you go in and ask at reception, as you don't need to see a vet to just check it,

mine do get checked regularly and its lucky i do get them checked as i had to have one re-chipped last year as her chip had failed

vets requested reimbursement from the chip company, so cost nothing.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

when i got him i could feel a small lump just under skin on back of neck looked a bit raw so picked all the shite away and flushed out with salt water it heeled up within couple days may have been a thorn or something but sorted now cheers for the info though